Wolves (A) - Wed 11th May, 20:15 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody think Pep is messing with the media about the injuries?

I wondered that, too. Rúben or John Stones to make a miracle recovery? (Don't think Kyle will be back, and he probably shouldn't be – let him rest and recover for next season). When you think that our hands-down go-to best pairing all last season was Stones and Dias, and we've been playing without them together for weeks and weeks, it's a bit of a miracle that we are where we are. Thankfully Aké's really come through this season. Laporte and Aké would be a decent pairing to see out the season.
I just don't quite trust Fern any more, I'm afraid, against someone genuinely fast. Although it was very interesting to see how Gundo handled that foot race with Maximin, who was visibly faster than him. Sheer skill to jockey him out of position towards the end of the race. That's how you do it.

I wondered that, too. Rúben or John Stones to make a miracle recovery? (Don't think Kyle will be back, and he probably shouldn't be – let him rest and recover for next season). When you think that our hands-down go-to best pairing all last season was Stones and Dias, and we've been playing without them together for weeks and weeks, it's a bit of a miracle that we are where we are. Thankfully Aké's really come through this season. Laporte and Aké would be a decent pairing to see out the season. I just don't quite trust Fern any more, I'm afraid, against someone fast.
Yes, me too, you never know with Pep, I've not read all this thread, but didn't he say
that Stones, Dias and Walker were out for the season?

Yes, me too, you never know with Pep, I've not read all this thread, but didn't he say
that Stones, Dias and Walker were out for the season?

He did, but Pep's notoriously circumspect about injuries. He'd rather overestimate the recovery time than underestimate it. That said, the season's nearly finished.
I think we've probably got enough to get this over the line. Not at all in favour of putting Academy players in at this stage, personally — however good they are. And I'm pretty sure Pep isn't either.
I do sort of find myself wondering whether we would have beat the dippers in Paris with our injury problems as they are. Imagine them with Van Dijk, Alexander-Arnold and Robertson out!

He did, but Pep's notoriously circumspect about injuries. He'd rather overestimate the recovery time than underestimate it. That said, the season's nearly finished.
I think we've probably got enough to get this over the line. Not at all in favour of putting Academy players in at this stage, personally — however good they are. And I'm pretty sure Pep isn't either.
I do sort of find myself wondering whether we would have beat the dippers in Paris with our injury problems as they are. Imagine them with Van Dijk, Alexander-Arnold and Robertson out!
Aye, let's all hope the slap headed tease is lying!

Hope this Haaland saga doesn't affect us tomorrow. We need this win.

Bricking it. Hopefully Liverpool will drop points tonight, I can certainly see us dropping points tomorrow.
You really think that Gerrard will have his players try against them lot? He will probably play himself in goal just to be sure.

When did they change their name to Real Wolverhampton?
They have some good players for sure but where is the faith in our players to get this over the line as they have done so many times.
Expect Bernie, Mahrez and Foden to come back in and god knows who will be rhs centre half, likely to be Dinho.
I suspect, reading our Wolves contributors, they won't be as defensive as they were at our place and I expect us to dominate posession, create at least 2 chances we will score from and a host we don't. It's a tougher game for them than us. I'm glad Semedo is out for them he caused lots of problems last time. We know what's on the line and are in good form despite the back line and injuries.
I think we win by 2 clear goals and march on. Dippers know any mistakes now and it's over which is added pressure. I've said I think we'll play Villa as Champions already for weeks. I do realise that's not how it may turn out, but I do have faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.