Wolves away

Notoriously poor for away fans in the centre. Still living in the 70s there unfortunately.
Correct. It's a long time since I've been to wolves but can remember meeting mates at 9.30am at new street just to be early as possible to sneak into home pubs before wolves got in. No colours obviously but sailing past pub security early doors was the only way in at wolves.
Not my fav away day to put it mildly.
I hear it used to be tasty back in the day late 70s I think.

Correct. It's a long time since I've been to wolves but can remember meeting mates at 9.30am at new street just to be early as possible to sneak into home pubs before wolves got in. No colours obviously but sailing past pub security early doors was the only way in at wolves.
Not my fav away day to put it mildly.
I hear it used to be tasty back in the day late 70s I think.

It was 'tasty' back in those days at Wolves, early or late 70s!..... and especially when segregation was practically non existent and you had to mix ' freely' with Wolves fans on that steep, terraced South Bank of theirs ... some of them they were definitely 'up for trouble' from the word go , and they spent more time goading any visiting fans that they could find than watching the game itself ... the coppers were basically conspicuous by their interest or absence too, and it definitely wasn't my favourite away day either, that's for sure, and you were nervously lookin' over your shoulder all the time as you stood to watch the game, and as you left the stadium afterwards.

That subway outside the South Stand end of the ground could often be a bit of a 'flashpoint' for trouble too ...... there were often rumours in the ground that someone had been stabbed or attacked, even though the only 'definite' stabbing that I heard of there occurred close to Molyneux at a night match there in the 70s or 80s, and happened to a Wolves fan ...... this led to their yobs retaliating by bricking the City special train after the game just after it left Wolverhampton station, and one of the bricks badly injured a City fan in the face.

Last edited:
The Great Western nr the station is opening at 10am (loop left from station exit onto Corn Hill, under railway bridge, and you're there), but they did say they are generally home fans only, so you'd need no colours, and just speak 'loik thet' on your way in...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.