Wolves (H) Post-Match Thread

This looked like a team with a core of complacent ageing stars taken by surprise by a physical,determined team with pace upfront . I admit I got it wrong I predicted a draw when I saw Siva & Gundo in midfield. Wolves really just looked at previous games where we struggled and mirrored it. Pep is undoubtedly a genius but he is not crafty and springs no surprises anymore with this team. Sluggish build up,offering nothing up front and a defence that is an accident waiting to happen so huge disappointment but not really a great surprise.

Pretty sure I’ve seen someone say that against spurs, and Norwich?

It is just 8 games played, Laporte and Stones will come back. Otamendi and Walker are liability we need to fix the defense if we are gona win this year

We were outplayed and outcoached. We had no answer to their defense and they had a counterattack to our possession

This was the issue. Wolves are happy with a point so can afford to employ the tactics of putting everyone behind the ball. How do you counter this? You can do the same and play a boring 0 0.
But if you're the team that needs a win you just have to put more men in their area (that's what she said).

In doing this you leave yourself vulnerable to the counter attack. You have to put every man in their half just to deal with how many players they have in the way.

Then they wait for a misplaced pass, which is likely given the amount of players they have in the box and they sucker punch you. It's not good football and it's hars to take but if you look back to the friendly in the Asia cup this manager tried EXACTLY the same tactics then and he has done it again.

You can't degend when all your players are in their half and they have players waiting to counter. You can, but then you have less players attacking their packed out box.

It's a game perfect for a Mournhio 0 0. But we need the points so we were punished .

3 years ago it was age that crippled us. I think it is the same this season. Liverpool are not going away as they have a young team, while we will lose Silva, Aguero and Ferna soon. It will be be lot harder this season.

Bottom line is they need a spectacular collapse for us to have et chance!

3 years ago we didn’t have replacements on the bench for our old players.

Jesus, Foden, Garcia, Bernardo all could be starting more games.

We've got Angelino and Garcia who have both played at la Liga level and Bellis who is captain of his international age group yet he plays the Otter and fernandinho who is a 34 year old midfielder at centreback and a right back at left back. I just can't comprehend the thinking sometimes.

It is just 8 games played, Laporte and Stones will come back. Otamendi and Walker are liability we need to fix the defense if we are gona win this year
Agree, but we still should be acting like we want to win! Not lose 0-2 to wolves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.