Wolves PL (A) | Post Match Discussion

I haven't seen the game, for the first time in a very long time, so explain to me how were were shite when:

We had 68% possesion.

We had 23 shots to 3 (or 4).

We had 6 corners to 0.

All our outfiled players and 9 of theirs had average position in their half.

We had 88% pass completion.

Clearly we messed up by conceding 2 goals and not creating better chances but to compile such dominate stats and be shite doesn't compute. It does sound like games I've seen before where people exaggerate how poor City's performance was.
Corners aren’t a good thing for us….

Pep knows and did before this run of away fixtures. This was a step too far for a makeshift transitional City side.

It wasn't like watching City play. No City midfield player experienced in the City style so the front three isolated. Too much forcing the play with Hollywood balls that conceded posession.

Oscar Bobb looks a prospect.

Please, folks, be of good cheer. It is in hand. City lost a football match and played crap. However, I have called the police and I can hear the sirens at the top of the avenue as I write this. Those bastard Treble winners are going to Strangeways for ruining my weekend and now I can't even finish my tea. This is an abomination and the work of the devil. I call bullshit, City, and I have had it with you! I would defect to the Rags had they not also lost. Who the fuck do City think they are? I am microwaving my cat for this and sending the club the bill if it dies. I can only hope they're satisfied, the absolute bastards!!!!!

Last edited:
Wow....where to start with that debacle??

Ref was a ****
Wolves players were cunts
Added time was a pisstake
Our players displayed a collective lack of bollocks
Pep got the formation wrong
Pep made poor substitutions
Our squad depth is still lacking
We lacked leadership and character
Luck fucked us over
Ultimately Wolves worked harder (despite the shithousery/theatrics)

Apart from that.....all is rosey! and still top of the league for at least 90 more mins :-)

On a serious note though,we need to regroup and get a couple of big players back.No team can cope with the core we have missing.

That was pretty pathetic. sideways backwards. Ref was shite but wolves were the better team. Not good enough
Don’t see how they were the better team 11 in defence constant cheating and time wasting aided by a complicit officials Got a lucky deflection for first and thing fell for them for second Were horrendous but unless you count being able to defend with 11 in the last 18yds as good then they were as bad

We’re currently having to play quite a few players who look as if they are not entirely fit, which may have consequences. I agree on Paqueta but also think we would still have needed another body.
Outside of Camavinga, where do we find another Rodri? \0/

This has been my fear for the last 12 months. Philips hasn't worked & neither Kovacic or Nunes don't come close.

We can't keep rinsing Rodri for 56 games as season, but as it stands we can't do without him, & Philips won't leave to create the space/need for us to concentrate on finding a proper replacement.

What would we have done today for a Gundog & Mahrez at least?

Very disappointing result, didn't sound like we created much despite endless possession. Didn't sound like we had any drive until after we equalized and then it appeared to get a bit frantic.
We are clearly missing some key players but you'd expect others to be able to step up. It's going to be a tough October for us with so many players being either injured or out of sorts. Again looking at our bench today there really wasn't anyone who you thought could come on and make a difference.
Ah well, on to the next one, as I said it will be a tough few weeks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.