Wolves PL (A) | Post Match Discussion

our signature style of patient intricate one touch triangles is at it's best with a settled team, imo. injuries and outgoings have made this all but impossible. Teams rely on us losing possession in midfield, only has to happen a couple of times and we pay heavily, which then means they can put ten behind the ball. We COULD match them up, become a counter-acttacking team, we should have it in our locker, as well as what has been so successful up to now. I got the impression yesterday that the lack of fluency was down to players not being clear about what they should be doing, reacting to, instead of making, situations. As things stand, every team we face have a blueprint for what to expect and how to deal with what they know is coming, at our best, we prevail anyway.... but......

Not at it at all, deserved loss in terms of performance but you can't watch the last few referees and not see something is happening. Beyond corrupt calls to swing momentum against us.

They want another title winner.
How Hwang doesn't receive a 2nd yellow and get sent off is beyond me...and then he scores the winner to add salt to the wounds...

I think Pep needs to rethink his squad size. I understand he wants a smaller squad to create less issues when players are not in the team/bench, but with the amount of games these guys play, our squad is simply too small in my view, and a couple of injuries and we are in trouble and by the end of the season fatigue becomes an issue for the major players. (Rodri, Haaland, Walker, Dias).

Looking ahead to next season with a Euro's in the summer, most of our players are not going to get a holiday.

I think Pep needs to rethink his squad size. I understand he wants a smaller squad to create less issues when players are not in the team/bench, but with the amount of games these guys play, our squad is simply too small in my view, and a couple of injuries and we are in trouble and by the end of the season fatigue becomes an issue for the major players. (Rodri, Haaland, Walker, Dias).

Looking ahead to next season with a Euro's in the summer, most of our players are not going to get a holiday.
The result is you get Kovacic and Ake played out of their best positions and then people complain about their performance. As long as Pep persists in putting square pegs in round holes a result like this was always on the cards.

when you play teams like wolves sheff utd and so on, why do we just play back, sidewards then go forward then back and so on, just try to put a ball in quick and get more bodies in box, but no we just go along the pen line and then back, and why carnt we break quick but take a million touches to go forward

I think the squad size thing is a valid point, but it must be matched by quality. A few players really need to step up when the opportunities arise. Some didn't do that against Wolves. Regardless of the stats, yesterday was a bit huff and puff with a distinct lack of quality. It just had that feel of an off day.

I think the squad size thing is a valid point, but it must be matched by quality. A few players really need to step up when the opportunities arise. Some didn't do that against Wolves. Regardless of the stats, yesterday was a bit huff and puff with a distinct lack of quality. It just had that feel of an off day.
Totally agree, a squad of the size we have means no passengers at all.

Phillips and probably Gomez are taking up valuable spaces and for me are simply not good enough to contribute when needed.

Three games a week , plus international games is a hell of an ask for top players and it can only be done for a time before injuries and tiredness hit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.