Wolves PL (A) | Post Match Discussion

lost yet still top of the league. :-)

We go again but we need to get players back & fit.

Also think we have started the season very well but the issue for me is we haven’t really improved the squad from last season. Depth still isn’t great

They weren't poor defensively but come on, sitting in a bank of 9 and creating 3 chances all game and around 35% possession is pretty awful stuff.

They grabbed a stuffy win and fair play to them, 3 important points, they didn't play well and they didn't deserve the win but got it regardless.

We move on.

They were a handful in transition too - Netto is a real threat now he is fit again.

How they set-up and played is a pain in the behind and it is tiresome for all connected with City that so many opponets go down that route. It is about the only way most teams have of getting somehting out of a game with City. Most of th etime it doesn't work but sometimes, like yesterday, it does.

Missed the we game yesterday and just watched the 30 mins highlights, didn’t think we’re as bad as this thread suggests. We were constantly fouled and the ref didn’t seem to do Much about it, created enough chances to win the game and conceded from only two chances they had.
The other 60 minutes might have been more edifying. We again looked comfortable when the instructions were ringing in our ears in the opening minutes, but when things were not happening and we started veering off script, it all went rather awry and we lost our shape and discipline. We did have plenty of possession, true, but though it may have looked as if we created enough chances, they were not really of the clear cut variety. Chalking it up as a learning experience for the youngsters.

And we might buy him if he doesn't end up in jail.
If he is cleared, then I hope so, too. However, as I have pointed out in another thread, because of the international nature of this case, the accusations may hover over his head for some considerable time yet (maybe even into next summer), so we need to plan for every eventuality and that includes not being able to land him.

Reactions: OB1
Sorry, I obviously wasn't clear enough: I think Paqueta is the player.
I see Paqueta as more a Gundog replacement. He's played CDM for Moyes out of necessity, but he apparently said earlier in the year it's not his best or favourite position.

I seem him more as the player in between KDB & Rodri, just as Dog was.

After seeing how fast they were down their right and seeing Ake couldn't match it. Maybe it wouldn't have been a bad idea to have shifted Walker over to our left to counter the threat.

I see Paqueta as more a Gundog replacement. He's played CDM for Moyes out of necessity, but he apparently said earlier in the year it's not his best or favourite position.

I seem him more as the player in between KDB & Rodri, just as Dog was.
As I said above, we only need someone to be able to deputise for Rodri, say for a maximum of 30% of their playing time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.