Wolves - post match

Spent 80mins of the game hoofing the ball to fucking no one and then proceeded to spend the last 10 shitting ourselves and threw the game because we didn’t want to hoof it. Joke.

I don’t know if I want to watch Sunday. Presumably 4/5 changes and up against a team desperate to beat us.

We have another game in 40 hours and we need him for that. We were 2-0 up at the time and Guardiola probably thought that Gundogan would give us a bit more midfield cover to hold onto the lead and it was worth sacrificing a player who was playing a more attacking role. It didn't work out but I can understand his thinking even if I don't necessarily agree with it.

If he thought that he's lost his mind.

Yeah I get the feeling Ota wants to go, he's been a good servant to the club and always does his best. Stones might need to be persuaded his future lies elsewhere though, how long is left on his contract?
I liked Stones partnering Laporte but he doesn't seem to be able to do it when he's the main man in defence and even when he's had 2-3 training sessions, Pep seems to prefer to play Ota and Fernandinho.

All our defeats stem from weak central defensive play. That's the one positive I can take. I think the weakness is obvious and we have players in the squad to sort it once they are fit.

Hopefully Pep has seen enough of a few of them now.

I can't fathom how a passionate guy like pep can look at what gundogan does and like it. Every time I see gundogan and Otamendi in the line up, I worry.

I’m not sure our recruitment is diamonds in the rough centred to be honest. Of buys since 2017 it’s probably only Rodri who was largely unknown.

Mangala, Nastacic and Savic? Maybe even Stones (he hadn’t been playing at the top level very long) and Otamendi (one half-decent season for Valencia). We even bought Cancelo mostly on the expectation he would improve, or at least suit us better than Juventus. Laporte is arguably the only success we’ve had in this area since Hughes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.