Wolves - post match

I and Manchester City have waited over 3 years for this potential, still waiting for JFS to deliver
Dude, we won it all the past 3 years. It s pity you were waiting and not celebrating.

Media doing their standard job: reporting a story that can be sold best.
In my book Wolves didn't have the game of their lives. We simply invited them back in the match by mistakes you simply cannot afford on that level.

Ederson - schoolboy. Jota took the present (how the hell was he hurt on the arm? Cheat.)
The high line before inviting them to the long ball, I don't get it...

2-0 lead, out of nothing, 1 man down.
Then Raz opens the door again and Mendy... (well, actually checked in the back, but hey, it's England!) ...doesn't clear the ball.

Third goal sums up our defence and also our mental stage last night and more or less the current season. Not good enough.
(I for my part don't forget Laporte and Sané are missing badly and the squad consequences are well visible).

I thought after Leicester we are back to normal strength - and then we have the next severe setback.
I don't expect any title this season anymore. CL is out of reach defending like that. Laporte still takes time to be top level.
Domestic cup(s) might happen, but we all know that's not the biscuit we are after.

Just re watched the game, god that hurt, we were poor, individual errors by players and management, playing with 10 men against a good Wolves team was always gonna be hard but we didn't help ourselves.
1st goal bad control by Raz and didn't realize how bad Bravo's starting position was.
2nd goal, brain fart by Mendy, just put your laces through the ball.
3rd goal was telegraphed, should if been tighter to prevent the back heel, Bravo in net enough said.
We kept playing the wrong ball and putting ourselves under pressure, very bad day at the office, the league has gone, let's batter Trafford over 2 legs, retain both domestic cups, fingers crossed for the CL but fearing the worst, if we go out with a whimper against Madrid I can see Pep calling it a day at the end of the season.
The ball went a yard inside the corner of the net for the third goal. Enough said.

Our defensive coaching has got off very lightly in the above debate.

You can’t just buy, buy, buy. Even if you have the money, a perfect ready-made fit is rarely available. And the expectations some are now putting on Laporte’s return are ridiculous. Fabulous player but not a saviour and he’ll need time to acclimatise anyway. Judging by Mendy, will he even come back as good as before? (I desperately hope so!)

We are just naive. These aren’t great teams that are slicing us open at will. Everyone knows you just lob us or knock through a quick long ball and it’s a goal. Even Solksjaer out-thought us and played us for fat boys. Ole Gunnar Fcukin Solkjaer FFS! We seem to play one purist way without learning.

Do we even have a defensive coach? Could anyone name him/her without googling?

Last two seasons were marvellous ...but are now in the past. This year we’ve been found wanting and we need to respond accordingly.
Mendy was out for two seasons. Laporte will miss around 5 months.

He will allow Stones to slot in so it will be a big moment in the season when he returns. I too hope that he returns in good health

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.