Wolves Sold Out, Newcastle Sold Out

Blue Blood CTID said:
GeordieBoy said:
BringBackSwales said:
would you fuck, if you would have sold them your club would have taken them; you selling out villa park these days are you?

Yes, as the tickets for Man City away sold out 3 days ago (I have one), and I know numerous people that couldn't get tickets because they didn't have enough loyalty points.

BY THE WAY I SUPPORT NEWCASTLE NOT VILLA

Tell you something mate, along with West Ham, Newcastle are my favourite set of away fans. Been to St. James's 3 times watching City and every single time I've been up you lot have been sound as fuck with us and really friendly. Genuinely hope you get the success you fans deserve mate. And yes you're away support is tremendous.

-- Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:59 pm --

I am as equally happy as I am pissed off at this. Great that it's onwards and upwards and were getting better crowds, but if we start to do shit for a couple of seasons these "fans" will fuck us off. Loyal bastards lol!

Cheers mate, as it happens I've always liked City and it's been a good match when they've came to ST James, and your fans have been canny when ever I've spoke to them. I have to admit I was overjoyed when you destroyed the red side of manchester 6-1, a great day.

Re: Newcastle Sold Out 3 Weeks In Advance! OS Site

Gingers Dad said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
nashark said:
Bigger stadium doesn't always mean a better atmosphere. They should try and squeeze in an extra 3 or 4 rows immediately around the pitch. That's be a few hundred more in and would make the atmosphere much better.
The issue is if you dont expand you have to push the prices up(as Chelsea have)and you end up with no atmosphere at all, because the "real" fans are pushed out to make way for the day trippers that will pay 2 3 times as much simply to see one game.
Do people with less money sing more?
Its my experance that people that are attending a single game are doing so more for the event than to support the team.

Gingers Dad said:
The issue is if you dont expand you have to push the prices up(as Chelsea have)and you end up with no atmosphere at all, because the "real" fans are pushed out to make way for the day trippers that will pay 2 3 times as much simply to see one game.
Its my experance that people that are attending a single game are doing so more for the event than to support the team.
Some of us don't have the choice of attending multiple games. I intend to be over for the Newcastle game and I can assure you, it's not for the event.

jimharri said:
Gingers Dad said:
Some of us don't have the choice of attending multiple games. I intend to be over for the Newcastle game and I can assure you, it's not for the event.
Im not suggesting that we turn anyone away, in fact thats part of my point we need to expand to allow people to attend. Many on here seem to think that Eastlands is some kind of closed shop....."I have had a ticket for 20 years and I will have a ticket for another" But the facts are looking at a club like Chelsea you expand or you charge more for your tickets....... Its as simple as that. I have been in the same boat as you. I lived in Germany for 3 years so couldn't attend weekly, so I know the feeling of going to a game seeing the next game in the programme notes and knowing you can't be there, it sucks and I was coming across when the foorball we played was crap!! so it must be 10 times worse now!

Re: Wolves Sold Out, Newcastle About To Sell Out

borassic said:
Remember we beat the Geordies a few years ago in a night match they brought about 500. Was really surprised that night as they always bring a shit load and sell out, they've got top away support. I'd say about the same level as us. Let's not forget we've had some bad turn outs down the years and some mega turnouts too, so yeah i'd say we were quite similar, big clubs with no success on the pitch.

Are you sure it was only 500?
I seem to remember that match - one of the early ones at coms.
They didnt sell out, but defo had both tiers with many more than 500?
Agree, we are similar and have had good and bad turnouts.

jimharri said:
Gingers Dad said:

gloryhuntingjohnnycomelately.

Rammy Blue said:
jimharri said:

gloryhuntingjohnnycomelately.
Shush!

If we go to 60k-65k i'd like to see something like the South Stand and North Stand Level 1 to be the cheapest stand to go in, something like £15 per game, so everyone has a chance of seeing us being successful. Charge those in the prime seats to make up for lost revenue what they are paying now.

WNRH said:
If we go to 60k-65k i'd like to see something like the South Stand and North Stand Level 1 to be the cheapest stand to go in, something like £15 per game, so everyone has a chance of seeing us being successful. Charge those in the prime seats to make up for lost revenue what they are paying now.
£15? More chance of me getting the legover from Charlize!

:-(

jimharri said:
WNRH said:
£15? More chance of me getting the legover from Charlize!

:-(

I hope so, match day ticket money counts for little unless you are charging £50 per ticket.

Football clubs should never make a profit, they should break even, any profit should come off supporters future ticket prices.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.