Wolves thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith's curle

They seem to have come through the early Euro qualifying rounds unscathed, anybody following them/in a position to know how they look going into the season? History suggests that playing in Europe is going to mean a lower league position this year - any reason to think otherwise?
A good manager and good squad, they may buck the trend.

They seem to have come through the early Euro qualifying rounds unscathed, anybody following them/in a position to know how they look going into the season? History suggests that playing in Europe is going to mean a lower league position this year - any reason to think otherwise?
A good manager and good squad, they may buck the trend.

I tend to agree with you that they will struggle more in the League this season than last, partly due tonEL commitments, as you say, but also Second Season Syndrome, which seems to affect practically every club that survives its first season in the PL.

Having heard Paul merson repeatedly say last season that we would lose Nuno to a 'proper club' and our top players would be raided, It's good for us to be going in to the season having our manager and players in tact, and having added a couple of young players to the squad.
With regards to next season it would be unrealistic to think that Europa league is not going to affect our league performance, however we are taking it seriously and apart from the two games in China we've haven't played friendlies, so we've had a competitive pre-season.
A trip to pynuik this Thursday which is not ideal preparation for our opening game at Leicester but it is what it is, and we want to progress. Realistically top ten finish would be our aim for next season.

Playing in the Europa League will undoubtedly add strain on our small squad but I have confidence in Nuno to manage the group effectively and to adapt to the extra schedules. We have released a few players this summer, most notably Helder Costa to Leeds who has never really recovered his early form and promise since a bad injury he sustained and Ivan Cavaleiro who still showed signs of being a very good player but perhaps not good enough for where Nuno wants us to be. He and Fosun will not allow the club to stand still or go backwards.

Having secured permanent deals for Belgian international Leander Dendoncker and Mexican striker Raul Jimenez, we have added Spanish Under 21 defender Jesus Vallejo on loan from Real Madrid and young Italy striker Patrick Cutrone permanently from AC Milan. We have also brought in Pedro Neto and Bruno Jordao from Lazio.

We hope to sign 1 or 2 more this week.

Congratulations on beating 'The Dippers' again today!

Having heard Paul merson repeatedly say last season that we would lose Nuno to a 'proper club' and our top players would be raided, It's good for us to be going in to the season having our manager and players in tact, and having added a couple of young players to the squad.
With regards to next season it would be unrealistic to think that Europa league is not going to affect our league performance, however we are taking it seriously and apart from the two games in China we've haven't played friendlies, so we've had a competitive pre-season.
A trip to pynuik this Thursday which is not ideal preparation for our opening game at Leicester but it is what it is, and we want to progress. Realistically top ten finish would be our aim for next season.

I would ignore anything that Paul Merson says; he’s either doing it for bites or he is even thicker than Dean Saunders and that’s saying something.

Your pre-season of only having two friendlies sounds great preparation, considering - and I don’t want to sound disrespectful to your Europa League opposition - the level of opponents you will come up against on your European travels.

I think you will do very well in the Europa, and I hope you win it. I know Nuno will respect the competition and give it a real go, unlike some other English clubs/managers over the years.

Playing in the Europa League will undoubtedly add strain on our small squad but I have confidence in Nuno to manage the group effectively and to adapt to the extra schedules. We have released a few players this summer, most notably Helder Costa to Leeds who has never really recovered his early form and promise since a bad injury he sustained and Ivan Cavaleiro who still showed signs of being a very good player but perhaps not good enough for where Nuno wants us to be. He and Fosun will not allow the club to stand still or go backwards.

Having secured permanent deals for Belgian international Leander Dendoncker and Mexican striker Raul Jimenez, we have added Spanish Under 21 defender Jesus Vallejo on loan from Real Madrid and young Italy striker Patrick Cutrone permanently from AC Milan. We have also brought in Pedro Neto and Bruno Jordao from Lazio.

We hope to sign 1 or 2 more this week.

Congratulations on beating 'The Dippers' again today!

Thanks.

As above to @Wanderingwolf, good luck in the Europa League.

Would love to see Wolves break into the top six, but think it will be very difficult with the added pressure of European football. Best of luck next season though. Any teams threatening to break the tedious hegemony of the “big six” is a good thing.

Thanks.

As above to @Wanderingwolf, good luck in the Europa League.

Thanks.

Nuno has respected it so far, I have been surprised at the strength of side he has put out so far. As our season has begun so early this year we have not had the usual friendlies as such, we had the Asia Trophy games against Newcastle and yourselves then the Europa games against Crusaders home and away now to be followed by the 2 games against FC Pyunik so that will be 6 games prior to the big kick off. A long trip to Armenia on Thursday though is not ideal prep for our season opener against Leicester on Sunday

Would love to see Wolves break into the top six, but think it will be very difficult with the added pressure of European football. Best of luck next season though. Any teams threatening to break the tedious hegemony of the “big six” is a good thing.
Yes but if Wolves knocked the rags into 7th then it woukd simply become the "Big Seven"

Cutrone has the potential to be a great signing. He showed flashes at Milan and looks to have the assets to make it in the Premier League. Does it suggest that Nuno will be going to an orthodox two upfront?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.