Wolves thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
We already do Alex. Nuno switched to a front 2 part way last season to give us more presence in midfield, the addition of Dendoncker allowed Neves and Moutinho to blossom whilst Jimenez and Jota formed a more effective partnership up top.
I was under the impression that Jota played more as a CF, dropping off from Jimenez - but happy to have been enlightened!

Wolves need to find a way to consistently beat the poorer teams in the league. They were excellent against the better teams but their points haul from the rest was pretty poor. Think they only took the 13th most points from the teams 7th and below, so big room for improvement there.

Wolves need to find a way to consistently beat the poorer teams in the league. They were excellent against the better teams but their points haul from the rest was pretty poor. Think they only took the 13th most points from the teams 7th and below, so big room for improvement there.

Got beat home and away by Huddersfield.

With how good and impressive we were in our first season back and some of the big scalps we took, our failure to pick up a single point against lowly Huddersfield was certainly one of those strange mysteries!

Maybe Wolves aren't going to be as badly affected by Europa as many previous teams. IIRC Burnley found it tough going in these qualifiers last year and that's what seemed to do for them.

Maybe Wolves aren't going to be as badly affected by Europa as many previous teams. IIRC Burnley found it tough going in these qualifiers last year and that's what seemed to do for them.

Dyche tried to qualify for the group stages with weakened sides, showing an arrogance, or maybe a disdain, for the competition previously seen in bent 'Arry's (allegedly) attitude when he was managing Spurs.

At least Nuno has gone about qualifying in the right way, putting out strong teams and limiting the pre-season friendlies to two.

I’m sure other English managers have had the same attitude as Dyche and Redknapp, but I can’t remember any names off the top of my head.

Went better than expected yesterday, means we can rest much of the first team for the home leg, ready for the Utd game on the Monday.

Pretty much like we did all those years ago against TNS. We won the first leg 5-0 and Keegan fielded kids and reserves in the second.

And please, please, please beat the fucking rags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.