Women's team - 2018/2019 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to see an outstanding, never to be repeated own goal then it's only City who could accomplish it. Feel a little sympathetic for Abbie Mc - she could have done several things with that ball but chose the one which I think fastens into the manager's instructions - possession. Keep the ball at all costs. Well, it's just cost the most comical goal I've not seen since I waltzed around the playing fields of Manchester - Hough End, Debdale, Greenbank, Plant Hill Park - keeping the peace with the surreptitious blowing of my whistle! But, hey, these are elite women professionals. But it does highlight that too many of the women's passes are directed backwards or parallel with the goal lines when a move lacks the players to go forward, or where the mentality to go forward isn't kept to the fore. I've watched fair bit of women's football over the last three or four seasons and no other teams plays this way!

And Nikki Parris is through at the end of the first half with just the goalie to beat and just when yer want a bit of rub she misses! That's just the kind of luck we've been getting lately. Every mistake we make is a concession; every mistake we are presented with the opposition get away with it!

Birmingham are just like a lot of tems at this level who have nothing to contribute to a game other than the denying of space, challenging in their own half, hanging about waiting for a mistake, oh, and two percent of attacking ambition! This game is a repeat of so many we see at The Etihad for threequarters of the season. Ooh, Jeez nearly 3-1 then. Well saved Ellie!

Let's face it they know how Birmingham are going to set up, so why give em a 2 goal start, stupid mistakes are killing the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.