Women's team - 2018/2019 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there was any deliberate thinking to sit back and defend a one goal lead. We were just average to poor on the ball so it's inevitable they kepy coming at us. Disappointingly although we defended ok in open play it was against free kicks and corners we looked most at risk.

No way Ellie Roebuck is going to dominate her box when the ball is lumped in but I expect more from Steph and especially Beatts. It amazes me how easily attackers seems to get a gead on the ball when those two should be attacking balls and getting them away. We have seen it in other games and it has cost us.

What missing today, ( it is far too often) is composure. Poor first touches, rushed passes, taking shots on when a pass is better etc etc

So we didn't build on the game v The Arse but reverted to the pattern v the likes of Reading and Bristol?

So we didn't build on the game v The Arse but reverted to the pattern v the likes of Reading and Bristol?

Got a bit lucky with the goal - howler from the young Birmingham keeper - but Stanway took it well. We don’t seem to have much of a pattern of play. Tried playing it into Walsh but she had few options in front of her - so increasingly we hit it long and lost possession. We are grinding results out but playing poorly.

Got a bit lucky with the goal - howler from the young Birmingham keeper - but Stanway took it well. We don’t seem to have much of a pattern of play. Tried playing it into Walsh but she had few options in front of her - so increasingly we hit it long and lost possession. We are grinding results out but playing poorly.

The RDAHMeedya always saw this kind of result as the mark of champions! Well, they did when MANUre played like shite but took all the points.

Exactly right. Birmingham are a difficult side to play against without doubt but imo they are limited going forward ( with their key players missing) but as Nick Cushing said we gave them too much space and time and balls into the box were dangerous

I don't think the booking to Kiera Walsh helped today, she wasn't able to control the midfield as well as she can, and Birmingham passed around us a bit too easily as a result, I still thought we looked the more dangerous team, apart from the set pieces, but overall its a good three points, and gives us gap now to the rest, Chelsea are putting a decent run together, but its maybe too late to make the gap up.

4-0 now Lauren Hemp - her first goal.

Has Hemp been injured - I know she’s young but arrived with a big reputation but has hardly played. Lawley came on as a late sub tonight - where has she been this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.