Women's Team - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is the right place but been watching the Great Britain vs Australia game at the Olympics - the officiating is beyond amateur - a couple of the offside flags have been utterly breathtakingly bad. The women's game still has far to go in the credibility stakes - in some eyes... this fiasco really wont help.

Have we adequately replaced Mewis and Lavelle and has Taylor learned to manage competently so we actually have a hope of beating Chelsea this year? For a women's team they don't half like being bridesmaids and never the bride.

No guarantees obviously, but we've brought in a top midfielder from Barcelona, plus the top scorer in France from last season. Lavelle never really performed for us, though we'll miss Mewis - especially from setpieces.

Also, we improved under Taylor last season after a poor start but could just never make up the gap. Need to make sure we don't repeat that start this season, Chelsea don't slip up often so catching them is always difficult.

No guarantees obviously, but we've brought in a top midfielder from Barcelona, plus the top scorer in France from last season. Lavelle never really performed for us, though we'll miss Mewis - especially from setpieces.

Also, we improved under Taylor last season after a poor start but could just never make up the gap. Need to make sure we don't repeat that start this season, Chelsea don't slip up often so catching them is always difficult.
As I've said I think in hindsight he cocked up by taking so long to realise how good a goalscorer White is.

We were really good (albeit not amazing) by the end of the season. We were very unlucky against Chelsea in the league decider. We were the only team to beat Barcelona last season too right?

Have we adequately replaced Mewis and Lavelle and has Taylor learned to manage competently so we actually have a hope of beating Chelsea this year? For a women's team they don't half like being bridesmaids and never the bride.
Didn’t realise Mewis had left us. That’s a blow.

Didn’t realise Mewis had left us. That’s a blow.
Most of the Americans that came over to the WSL only did so for match fitness for the Olympics as the US league had been cancelled due to the pandemic. Only Dahlkemper has signed for longer with the stated ambition of experiencing different styles of play in order to improve her own game.

Most of the Americans that came over to the WSL only did so for match fitness for the Olympics as the US league had been cancelled due to the pandemic. Only Dahlkemper has signed for longer with the stated ambition of experiencing different styles of play in order to improve her own game.
Thanks for confirming that - I guessed as much but handy to read that clarification. In that case, fair play to Abbie for committing properly to playing over here.

Not sure if this is the right place but been watching the Great Britain vs Australia game at the Olympics - the officiating is beyond amateur - a couple of the offside flags have been utterly breathtakingly bad. The women's game still has far to go in the credibility stakes - in some eyes... this fiasco really wont help.
Yeah because I have never seen amateurish officiating in mens football...

Yeah because I have never seen amateurish officiating in mens football...
Indeed, that's all I've ever seen, more so when we've lost, International competitions take in the whole 'football refereeing family' and I often wonder what standard of football have some of these referees experienced before they trot out in a World Cup or Olympics. Mind, women ref's I've seen have been no more variable than the fellahs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.