Women's Team - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Park et al?

She has hardly played as a starter, as I said to somebody else the other game, she was a shining light coming off the bench, creating and scoring in consecutive games.

Et al?

Blimey.
Park is a great prospect and her time will come but Raso should start ahead of her especially as the team has struggled - et al probably meaning Coombs who he starts ahead of Losada.

Park is a great prospect and her time will come but Raso should start ahead of her especially as the team has struggled - et al probably meaning Coombs who he starts ahead of Losada.
Yes but Parks has hardly played as a starter all season, think she has started the last two games.

That arsehole hasn't been playing Losada and Raso from the off longer than that and when he does he yanks Raso off even when she is playing well.

He needs firing but that 5-0 means he will see out the season now imo.

I didn't see that second half coming at all so didn't tune in again till 60 mins and surprised to see us 2-0 up
That's the third game I think I've seen this season at The Academy where we've gone in 0-0 and got on a goal spree in the second half.

The first half was well up the list on my database of halves which are not to be revisited. The two halves were chalk 'n cheese, shite 'n sugar. Aston Villa are yet another side who are nothing more than athletes/cross country runners with a half decent touch. As long as they can hold their shape they will be difficult to beat but if just one defender goes AWOL, and our forwards can finish, then we should score. And Villa lost their shape and panicked twice within the first two mins of the second half. At 2-0 down Villa started to play and began to press our goal but had a period of only three defenders at the back instead of the usual five, and we capitalised. The subs made the difference, particularly Raso.

And the curse of the modern game, blatant time wasting about which no referee will consider what the laws provide, descended on Beswick. Villa players were taking all day, walking as slowly as possible to take a throw-in, their goalie taking all day making sure she took every goal kick from the opposite side to which the ball went out and making sure she arranged blades of grass, writing on the ball, meticulously before walloping it upfield which, thankfully, Heather Greenwood dealt with comfortably all afternoon. Only when we'd scored two did the Villa goalie put on a bit of a spurt! Benameur had nothing to do all match other than a couple of tame shots and several backpasses. Ellen White's contribution, apart from a one-handed save by their goalie, contributed just marginally more than yours truly sitting in the stand, although she didn't have the best service.

She is that good she can play anywhere on the pitch thought did ok at the back today
The height comes in handy but her performances show she is very much a makeshift CB, as does Georgia's at FB. When they make progress into the oppo half you can see where their strength lies. They will perform to the best of their abilities but having seen them at their best in midfield and further forward it's clear where they want to be!

Jill Scot should be playing every game and made manager.
I think that she should be given the player-manager role if she wants it.

Even playing in defence she has done a better job than most this season, the time is coming to an end playing for a top team, so the perfect time to take a managers job imo

Will City be brave enough to do this?

I think that she should be given the player-manager role if she wants it.

Even playing in defence she has done a better job than most this season, the time is coming to an end playing for a top team, so the perfect time to take a managers job imo

Will City be brave enough to do this?

Agree club should be giving her the job she has won the lot with us blue through and through, wonder if she has took the badges or wants to become a manager though?!

That's the third game I think I've seen this season at The Academy where we've gone in 0-0 and got on a goal spree in the second half.

The first half was well up the list on my database of halves which are not to be revisited. The two halves were chalk 'n cheese, shite 'n sugar. Aston Villa are yet another side who are nothing more than athletes/cross country runners with a half decent touch. As long as they can hold their shape they will be difficult to beat but if just one defender goes AWOL, and our forwards can finish, then we should score. And Villa lost their shape and panicked twice within the first two mins of the second half. At 2-0 down Villa started to play and began to press our goal but had a period of only three defenders at the back instead of the usual five, and we capitalised. The subs made the difference, particularly Raso.

And the curse of the modern game, blatant time wasting about which no referee will consider what the laws provide, descended on Beswick. Villa players were taking all day, walking as slowly as possible to take a throw-in, their goalie taking all day making sure she took every goal kick from the opposite side to which the ball went out and making sure she arranged blades of grass, writing on the ball, meticulously before walloping it upfield which, thankfully, Heather Greenwood dealt with comfortably all afternoon. Only when we'd scored two did the Villa goalie put on a bit of a spurt! Benameur had nothing to do all match other than a couple of tame shots and several backpasses. Ellen White's contribution, apart from a one-handed save by their goalie, contributed just marginally more than yours truly sitting in the stand, although she didn't have the best service.
Good summary and quite right about the time wasting first half which was dreadful and then ref adds only 1 min. It's a scourge of the game.
However, City could have helped by having some ballboys/girls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.