Women's Team - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree club should be giving her the job she has won the lot with us blue through and through, wonder if she has took the badges or wants to become a manager though?!
According to the font of all knowledge Wiki

In June 2020, Scott signed a new two-year contract which saw her take up a coaching role at the club.[22]

If she is already a coach here, it would then seem strange to go back to Everton on loan?

That's the third game I think I've seen this season at The Academy where we've gone in 0-0 and got on a goal spree in the second half.

The first half was well up the list on my database of halves which are not to be revisited. The two halves were chalk 'n cheese, shite 'n sugar. Aston Villa are yet another side who are nothing more than athletes/cross country runners with a half decent touch. As long as they can hold their shape they will be difficult to beat but if just one defender goes AWOL, and our forwards can finish, then we should score. And Villa lost their shape and panicked twice within the first two mins of the second half. At 2-0 down Villa started to play and began to press our goal but had a period of only three defenders at the back instead of the usual five, and we capitalised. The subs made the difference, particularly Raso.

And the curse of the modern game, blatant time wasting about which no referee will consider what the laws provide, descended on Beswick. Villa players were taking all day, walking as slowly as possible to take a throw-in, their goalie taking all day making sure she took every goal kick from the opposite side to which the ball went out and making sure she arranged blades of grass, writing on the ball, meticulously before walloping it upfield which, thankfully, Heather Greenwood dealt with comfortably all afternoon. Only when we'd scored two did the Villa goalie put on a bit of a spurt! Benameur had nothing to do all match other than a couple of tame shots and several backpasses. Ellen White's contribution, apart from a one-handed save by their goalie, contributed just marginally more than yours truly sitting in the stand, although she didn't have the best service.
Definitely chalk and cheese halves, Villa offered nothing in the first half at all but we never really tested the keeper either, just two or three weak shots. There appeared to be a hesitation to shoot when the opportunity arose and we instead tried to pass the ball through a packed defence. It all changed when Weir took the bull by the horns and let loose one of her curlers into the net. The team looked stronger and balanced when Rasso and Losarda came on. I think they are both great players. I agree about White, she has offered little and whilst yes, the service wasn't good I felt Shaw worked harder and had better movement. I had actually forgotten White was on the pitch. Taylor's bacon is saved at least for another week.

According to the font of all knowledge Wiki

In June 2020, Scott signed a new two-year contract which saw her take up a coaching role at the club.[22]

If she is already a coach here, it would then seem strange to go back to Everton on loan?

She went to Everton to get game time for the world cup

I would just like to bring attention to the game of the day when the ragettes, on a day of utter sadness and grief at the demise of one of football's greatest players and managers, tackle the odious Arsenal women .

Our thoughts and best wishes go to these brave ladies carrying the hopes and wishes of hundreds of pathetic and plastic supporters, played at yet another venue not in Manchester, in one of the most emotional days in their short but world beating careers .

C'mon girls keep up the tradition and show the world what a great institution 'nitid really is .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.