Women's Team - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steph might have a chance at BBC punditry………she is ex-Arsenal??
This England manager has a lot to prove - a squad that contains very little real quality. Apart from Ellie Roebuck, Alex Greenwood, Keira Walsh, Chloe Kelly and Lauren Hemp the rest are either ‘bang average’, ‘piss poor’ or living on past history…….or playing in WSL teams dominated by foreign stars.
How can Millie Bright, Jess Carter, Beth England, Mary Earps and the now dreadful Nikita Parris and Ellen White be selected above Steph Houghton???

I'm going with the captaincy angle, she has been shat on imo
Me, too! I think it was gonna be a dressing room issue more than a footballing issue. I think there are personality issues at which we can point a finger. Who's gonna get their head in the mix at an England corner, who's gonna take the free kicks. Houghton has special qualities that are not replicated within the chosen squad. Wiegmann didn't want to handle the 'perceived' issues.

Steph might have a chance at BBC punditry………she is ex-Arsenal??
This England manager has a lot to prove - a squad that contains very little real quality. Apart from Ellie Roebuck, Alex Greenwood, Keira Walsh, Chloe Kelly and Lauren Hemp the rest are either ‘bang average’, ‘piss poor’ or living on past history…….or playing in WSL teams dominated by foreign stars.
How can Millie Bright, Jess Carter, Beth England, Mary Earps and the now dreadful Nikita Parris and Ellen White be selected above Steph Houghton???
Roebuck will be lucky to start, rag keeper will get the call, wait and see.

Wiegmann comes across as a manager who excels at thumping garbage teams. Any other team then the lack of quality and LEADERSHIP in her side is there for all to see. Looks like a stubborn, hard faced individual who has selected some utter jokes in that England squad. Katy Zelem almost made it????
Charley Wellings of Celtic is a better goal threat than either Ellen White, Beth England or Nikita Parris…….and was never even considered.

Wiegmann comes across as a manager who excels at thumping garbage teams. Any other team then the lack of quality and LEADERSHIP in her side is there for all to see. Looks like a stubborn, hard faced individual who has selected some utter jokes in that England squad. Katy Zelem almost made it????
Charley Wellings of Celtic is a better goal threat than either Ellen White, Beth England or Nikita Parris…….and was never even considered.
I think the standard of keeping in that league has done her no favours, some shocking goals to concede tbh

Be interesting to see her back in the top flight in England again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.