Women's Team - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kennedy played in midfield for Spurs but CB is her normal position. Played there in the NWSL and plays there for Australia.
Then why is this imbecile Taylor playing Greenwood at CB? She is far and away a better LB than Stokes. Not to mention, it is her natural position.

I understand we have had numerous injuries. That said, I feel like I could set up the team better for a match than Taylor. And this doesn't mean I am an expert, I am merely a fan of this club and women's football. Before anyone decides to smart arse me for this statement, look at the results this season and how this team has been playing. He is out of his depth. I am officially in we need a new manager for MCWFC.

#JillEllisIn

Last edited:
Then why is this imbecile Taylor playing Greenwood at CB? She is far and away a better LB than Stokes. Not to mention, it is her natural position.

I understand we have had numerous injuries. That said, I feel like I could set up the team better for a match that Taylor. And this doesn't mean I am an expert, I am merely a fan of this club and women's football. Before anyone decides to smart arse me for this statement, look at the results this season and how this team has been playing. He is out of his depth. I am officially in we need a new manager for MCWFC.

#JillEllisIn
What leads you to believe we have a chance of getting Jill Ellis in? Just checked her out and she is a club president.

I wonder what Jill Scott would think of becoming a manager?

What leads you to believe we have a chance of getting Jill Ellis in? Just checked her out and she is a club president.

I wonder what Jill Scott would think of becoming a manager?
I don't have any reason/inside knowledge to think we could hire Ellis. She's English, has had enormous success coaching women's football. Those are the sole reasons I'd like us to hire her. I'm guessing her leaving Florida and her current position is a non starter

I do think Jill Scott would ultimately become a good manager if she follows that path.

Just seen we've 13 fit players for tomorrow. Kennedy and someone else are ineligible to play as they played for different clubs in the competition last season, which is a new one on me.
There isn't really anything new about being cup-tied though it seems the regulation has been relaxed a bit because of the unusual circumstances of the 2020/2021 Women's FA Cup being split over two seasons. Apparently players are only cup-tied if the club they played for in earlier rounds is still in the competition. In Kennedy's case she played for Spurs who will almost certainly go out tonight. If that happens, and City progress, she will be available for the semi-final.

I'm old and I like tradition. I was fine with the old cup-tied regulation where a player could only play for one club per cup, per season.

Obviously I don't know but there's a fair chance that my guess is the same as yours. Namely that Taylor thinks it's the best solution with the players available. He presumably prefers Greenwood (CB) + Stokes (LB) over any combination he can field with Greenwood (LB) and AN Other (CB).

The performance and the result on Sunday didn't vindicate Taylor's choices but we can't be certain that an alternative pairing would have improved things on that particular day against that opponent.

Last edited:
They played chelsea off the park ,what a good team.
They look super fit , looks like damage limitation today .
Get the smelling salts out
I'm a Chelsea fan so, though I deny it, people are entitled to assume bias if they want to. With that disclaimer out of the way, I'm convinced that saying Arsenal played the Blues off the park is going way too far.

Arsenal are a very good team who deserved to win. They played well and Chelsea didn't. Perhaps the facts that Arsenal's squad was back together earlier than Chelsea's, and that they had already played three competitive fixtures before the Emirates match up, contributed to this. Either way Chelsea still came close to getting a result. When the game ended they had for some time been looking the more likely team to get the next goal.

Last edited:
I'll be there tonight giving what remains of our women's team a cheer. Seriously hoping we don't find ourselves out of another cup competition but it is not looking good. It isn't just the number of players missing it is the style of play, what has happened? They all look lost and unsure of themselves. If Hemp is out we will struggle to get over the half way line as she is frequently the only player with any forward drive.

I'm a Chelsea fan so, though I deny it, people are entitled to assume bias if they want to. With that disclaimer out of the way, I'm convinced that saying Arsenal played the Blues off the park is going way too far.

Arsenal are a very good team who deserved to win. They played well and Chelsea didn't. Perhaps the facts that Arsenal's squad was back together earlier than Chelsea's, and that they had already played three competitive fixtures before the Emirates match up, contributed to this. Either way Chelsea still came close to getting a result. When the game ended they had for some time been looking the more likely team to get the next goal.
They were clever against you ,they passed the ball for fun made all your players run their socks off & they look the fittest team in the league ,fair play to their coaching staff to get them ready . Accept it they were better than you ,just like they were better than citys women team .

Obviously I don't know but there's a fair chance that my guess is the same as yours. Namely that Taylor thinks it's the best solution with the players available. He presumably prefers Greenwood (CB) + Stokes (LB) over any combination he can field with Greenwood (LB) and AN Other (CB).

The performance and the result on Sunday didn't vindicate Taylor's choices but we can't be certain that an alternative pairing would have improved things on that particular day against that opponent.
Not at all what I think. It might not even be what Taylor thinks. That said, he's out of his league so who really knows?

It is even possible he's being told what to "think" from above.

Any free to air coverage tonight?

Rather watch our ladies than the rags even though I expect a Spanish result at the swamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.