Women's Team - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woeful performance. Taylor needs to get the boot. We seem to have signed a lot of mediocre players too. Need to rebuild for next season now. Move on the old guard and give our younger players the time to shine. Thought Jess P looked bright when she came on.

Tonight showed that the women's game has gone in a different direction and we are being left behind. Our senior players - the more experienced ones - have looked slow, unsure of first touch in all the games so far this year. Raso looked our best player because she has energy, a great first touch and is more dynamic. Stanway, Weir & Greenwood look ponderous and off the pace. Even with Steph in the team we are very vulnerable to a simple ball down the middle.

Taylor is a coach that has no plan or pedigree to change that and even last year his use of Lavelle and others at crucial points of the season tells me he will never be successful - sack him before he does anymore damage. Arsenal looked better at every facet of the game.

Hey at least we have the best manager in world football looking after our mens first team so overall it's been a grand weekend.

When things aren't going well and if we're not dominating possession then Weir offers nothing except set piece delivery. Should have gone with Angeldahl from the start to play alongside Coombs to offer the defense some additional cover in front of them. Won't change from the 4-1-2-3 formation though so no chance of Taylor doing that. Can understand the subs as the game was long since over.
Agree mate just seemed like we had very little in midfield, maybe play Angeldahl from the start with Coombs , I don't know but if it's not work he should of changed it sooner .
We had 8 players missing especially in key areas, but surely you work on that all week in training, but I thought too many (experienced) players were ball watching and not switch on !
Maybe it is time we got a new manager in ?
Personally I would go for Mark Sampson, he may have some baggage but he's the guy that turned the England team in to something.

Our performance was like watching ladies football from years ago before any money came into the game.

We have injuries, but an experienced squad, don't know how much blame Taylor can take but our tactics are shite, out of the CL, probably out of a league challenge, just a couple of cups to go.

Only time we've played well was against an awful Everton side.

Well, I was just about to post "Thank the Gods they kept it to four!" Can't make my mind up whether laughing my whatsit off at the Ragettes getting twonked 1-6 and then find that The Arse have added another on 90+4 FFS and we've been screwed over for a 5-0.

It was always gonna be a damage limitation game with the injuries ongoing and the returnees from injury, the loss of some serious form, and so you set up to minimise any disaster - and then we find the the disaster has been aided and abetted by all and fuckin' sundry! I shall be there Wednesday when I hope to see some serious, direct play with a clear idea where the oppo pen area is and by playing into it as quickly as possible. If we see a game similar to the Tottenham game then the season is basically over, and it's only mid-September. Must be the worst start to a season since we joined the FAWSL!

Bloody hell!!! There are a number of injuries and Arsenal are a good team
That said, it was a dreadful performance
Guess you missed the embarrassment against Spuds....yet again it's impossible to even guess what the plan or tactics are. If Pep (or any top manager) watched us, they would have no idea either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.