Women's Team - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it’s the fault of the younger players then Gareth? You clueless twat
Funny thing we didn't have any "young" players in has Steph Houghton replacement, it was Alanna Kennedy a Australian international not some kid out of the women's EDS. The back four where 4 internationals, agree one is really a forward and two are left backs , but still four internationals !

The women`s team have a load of injuries in fairness
The players not playing today are the core of the team, it's a piss poor result don't get me wrong, but it wouldn't have been anywhere near that with everyone fit.

One of the "senior" players who played tonight doesn't convince me in the position she played CB, would be far better at LB imho, and I'm not convinced she'd be better than Stokes there.

The front 3 tonight, would be close to our best front 3 (Kelly would replace one of them), the midfield 3 are badly missing the player that directs our play (Walsh), the defence are missing 2 of our key players, and using an attacking midfield player at RB.

We couldn't even name a full subs bench tonight, and 2 of those we did name were youngsters.

It's a bad start to the season for sure, but the circumstances are pretty extreme.

Two of our back line would probably be the same one that started regardless of injuries. Not replacing Dahlkemper with a proper centre half after she decided to return home has come back to bite us. We were however down to 3rd choice for goalkeeper, right back and right-sided centre half (one person is backup for both of these latter positions). We were also missing our 1st choice defensive midfielder and I don't think Coombs is anywhere near up to the level of Walsh in this position although I think they could work well together ao we're not quite so lightweight in the middle of thr park against the better teams.

However, after saying all that, Arsenal didn't really have to do too much to rip through us. Gifted them the first goal with a sloppy back pass, poor defnsively on the 2nd in allowing the space for a shot which probably should have been saved. I've seen oak trees move faster than Kennedy did for their 3rd and the 4th & 5th were just adding insult to injury. Don't think anyone comes out of this with any credit. Players were woeful but so were the tactics employed for playing away against one of the better teams in the league.

IMO he scored one of the most important goals in our history. Taylor scored in the victory over Stoke at Christmas in the play-off year. The game that turned our season and our future around.
He scored a goal, a rare fucking goal, that’s his job, a job he didn’t do very well

Was this their worst defeat since they played in the PL of women’s football?

Don’t wanna judge too early. But they hardly seem close to last years level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.