Women's Team Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give the German, American, French strikers the chances she had last night and I suspect it would have been a comfortable win. With a move to the Arse pending I think she won't have the cubic metres of smoke blown up her arse that she's had whilst she was playing at Leigh!

After the season she had for Villa I feel Rachel Daly should be the starting striker - keep Russo back as an impact sub like last tournament. Doubt that's the way it will be though.

After the season she had for Villa I feel Rachel Daly should be the starting striker - keep Russo back as an impact sub like last tournament. Doubt that's the way it will be though.
Daly had a couple of headers in the first half but didn't get enough 'meat' on 'em. She should, in the words of the commentator when Lauren Hemp headed one onto the roof of the net, have done better!. Both Daly and Russo are fine if they're given time 'n space which, against better defences than Portugal, you don't get! The England women don't have a clinical finisher, and at the sharp end of a World Cup it's something that is gold dust. I think the England Women won the Euros on the back of the injury to the German girl. They might not get lucky again.

Daly had a couple of headers in the first half but didn't get enough 'meat' on 'em. She should, in the words of the commentator when Lauren Hemp headed one onto the roof of the net, have done better!. Both Daly and Russo are fine if they're given time 'n space which, against better defences than Portugal, you don't get! The England women don't have a clinical finisher, and at the sharp end of a World Cup it's something that is gold dust. I think the England Women won the Euros on the back of the injury to the German girl. They might not get lucky again.

All true. The team seemed to have peaked for that tournament, certainly doesn't seem like it for this one. Maybe they'll grow into it. Best team at the start of the tournament often doesn't last to the end. Fingers crossed anyway.

Class finisher for England was clearly Arsenal's Beth Mead. Her absence may prove critical as we looked blunt up front. Add in Williamsons acl and Millie Bright playing no football for months, meaning we've lost 3 of our best players and it doesn't look good. Rest of the team were really rusty. Russo and Daly were miles off it.

Thought Esmie was England's best player on the day in a very Johnny Boulders role where she performed admirably. Hempo a close second. Portugal were poor, didn't really commit players forward or attack all game. Didn't even have a shot on target, good job really as Earps was asleep for parts of the game.

If this England team win it, it'll be a miracle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.