Women's Team Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cushing should not be criticised. He started the team and when he left we were the best in England. Taylor took us backwards. When you have 19 full internationals in a winning side on the books you cannot pretend it takes time to settle in. The girls left to themselves without a manager would have done better!

Taylor complained about injuries for the first half of last season. We never had less than 11 full internationals available.
I'm not sure he did complain much, he just got on with it, we had virtually no defence at one point (including keepers), and as a result we had forwards playing at full back, an ageing midfielder playing CB, to try and suggest we weren't handicapped by injuries before the new year is just ridiculous.

From where we were, to make 3rd place was pretty remarkable, and I'm not his greatest fan either.

Cushing should not be criticised. He started the team and when he left we were the best in England. Taylor took us backwards. When you have 19 full internationals in a winning side on the books you cannot pretend it takes time to settle in. The girls left to themselves without a manager would have done better!
Cushing did a good job overall but there were and are plenty of reasons to be critical of him, not least his inability to integrate new signings, particularly from abroad, and how consistently our title challenges fell away under him. The idea we were the best team in England when he left is at best a stretch, we were second in the league, hadn't won the title in years, and even by the end of the season we'd scored fewer than both Chelsea and Arsenal.

There's no need to whitewash the issues under Cushing to highlight the issues with Taylor.

The last point is something though and explains a lot about his first season imo. We added a few quality signings to a settled team, encouraged them to play attacking football, then he more or less got out of the way. Like Pellegrini tweaking Mancini's team though, that rarely lasts into a second season.

Was at a football tournament yesterday with my daughter and had a chat with one of the dad's we regularly bump into at these things. His daughter is a future star (I'm talking levels above anyone her age group both lads and girls)

He was saying she'd just been taken on by the Ragettes for next season a year earlier than she should have been, playing in the year above age group (u9's).

Got on to City and how my daughter idolises the women's team and wants to play for them one day etc. and he surprised me by saying how bad they are as a RTC and how the reputation is rubbish. City also start the RTC later (u11's I think) compared with others with some starting at u9's.

Apparently the Rags is the place to be for girls football in the north and are hoovering up all the best talent - and this is coming from a Liverpool fan, so no bias!

Sounds like we have a bit of work to do to catch up?

Was at a football tournament yesterday with my daughter and had a chat with one of the dad's we regularly bump into at these things. His daughter is a future star (I'm talking levels above anyone her age group both lads and girls)

He was saying she'd just been taken on by the Ragettes for next season a year earlier than she should have been, playing in the year above age group (u9's).

Got on to City and how my daughter idolises the women's team and wants to play for them one day etc. and he surprised me by saying how bad they are as a RTC and how the reputation is rubbish. City also start the RTC later (u11's I think) compared with others with some starting at u9's.

Apparently the Rags is the place to be for girls football in the north and are hoovering up all the best talent - and this is coming from a Liverpool fan, so no bias!

Well law of averages would have the rags getting something right all be it womens football or junior levels (girls) as long as it’s fuck all else going for them ..

I Was just over in the transfer section. Apparently, the German rags are insisting Barcelona pay in cash up front, no deferments for Lewdowski because Bayern believes Barcelona will be out of existence as a football club in 2-3 years time.

Not sure if we can lure any of Barcelona's women's team players here but a few might be worth a look, no?

What's rtc?

I think there is some truth to this.

I found out that city only focus on a small group of girls between the ages of 9-14 (30 in total). But they have to be exceptional.

The only girls that will get scouted will need to be playing in a boys team.

Anyone else baffled by the total silence on the MCFC site about Caroline Weir’s transfer to Real Madrid?? What’s going on here?
Served the club well, scored some worldies against Earps and the Ragettes……..and absolutely zero on MCFC website……

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.