Women's Team Thread 2023/2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like we are going for a squad that will just out score the opposition.

I agree with Mon Autre that Chloe Kelly would never settle for a squad player role. She kind of went backwards last year and once Bunny got injured I was hoping she would have stepped up with some goals and assists but didn't. A great player that probably needs a fresh challenge.

Love the signings so far - thanks to Nils as a parting gift maybe!

New name for the squad featured in the training pics posted on the website. Defensive cover added perhaps in Gracie Prior.

return-training-10.jpg

Middle of the 3 pictured.

ETA: Just seen that she was on a dual registration between us and Burnley so maybe that's ending.

Looks like Jill Roord is doing a lot of training with the first team now. I'm sure that can't mean she's due back imminently but it definitely looks like her recovery is going as well as it can.

We're turning Japanese (credit to The Vapours)
3rd Japanese signing of the window - Ayaka Yamashita

Certainly give Ms Keating some competition.
Japan has some quality players. Hopefully, they do well here for us.

I wonder how much of a part our Yui maybe played in bringing a couple of her fellow Japanese players to City? Was it City doing it to help her feel more comfortable in a completely different society or did she tell some of her friends how much she loves it here and what a good operation City have going? She seems like such a sweet and likeable woman.

Japan has some quality players. Hopefully, they do well here for us.

I wonder how much of a part our Yui maybe played in bringing a couple of her fellow Japanese players to City? Was it City doing it to help her feel more comfortable in a completely different society or did she tell some of her friends how much she loves it here and what a good operation City have going? She seems like such a sweet and likeable woman.
No doubt Yui would have had an influence, she been in the UK several years, so will know the lifestyle etc. It will be interesting to see how the goalie and the forward do settle having not played outside Japan before. I was concerned about Yamashita's height, however it seems she's actually taller than Keating!

Looks like Jill Roord is doing a lot of training with the first team now. I'm sure that can't mean she's due back imminently but it definitely looks like her recovery is going as well as it can.
Been about 9 months since she did it, which would be a normalish time to recover. Hopefully she’ll be right for the season starting.

Been about 9 months since she did it, which would be a normalish time to recover. Hopefully she’ll be right for the season starting.

Feels like ages ago but was only end of Jan! Not even 7 yet. I always feel like you're looking at a year off for these things but she defo seems to progressing well. Would be great to have her back before xmas

Feels like ages ago but was only end of Jan! Not even 7 yet. I always feel like you're looking at a year off for these things but she defo seems to progressing well. Would be great to have her back before xmas
6-12 months is the guideline for return to active sport. Guess it’ll depend on how she feels running on it and how quickly the muscles around it strengthen.

As you say, we may not see her til Xmas, but it could be any time really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.