Women's Team Thread 2023/2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tricky though given our record of going out in the qualifying stages! That said, I think if we could make assurances that we're genuinely building something and that one or two more of Roord's quality will be joining them, then maybe they'll be convinced to stay.

Hemp's partner plays for Sheffield United too so maybe that's an extra reason to stick around.

Yeah I'm not totally sure how qualification works, but was thinking there may be some kind of seeding? If we win the WSL we might get an easier route?

Tbh we've been very unlucky with the draw previously and I'm also expecting that we couldn't be as unlucky again....

You could be right though in that we just need to show ambition. We were the place to be in Women's football a while back, now making spending maybe players may want another year or two to see where it leads. Hopefully.

Yeah I'm not totally sure how qualification works, but was thinking there may be some kind of seeding? If we win the WSL we might get an easier route?

Tbh we've been very unlucky with the draw previously and I'm also expecting that we couldn't be as unlucky again....

You could be right though in that we just need to show ambition. We were the place to be in Women's football a while back, now making spending maybe players may want another year or two to see where it leads. Hopefully.

Yeah winning the league (and tbh i still make Chelsea favourites) is the only way to guarantee CL group stages. United ended up going out to PSG in qualifying I think this year. Even finishing second can see you ending up with a tough draw

a salary cap. otherwise, just a rerun of the men's mistakes. Elite cartels cherry-picking best players while the grass roots wither.

Isn't it run by Uefa? Luck 'n City never get to be partners where Uefa is involved.

Currently watching England u23's playing Spain.

Ruby Mace playing - started well, sat in front of the back 4, good last ditch tackle that she had to time right as was in the area and a driving run and shot that was comfortable for their keeper her highlights so far. Hope the lack of game time doesn't affect her stamina but I know she trains well so hopefully won't.

Blindkilde-Brown on the bench.

Tricky though given our record of going out in the qualifying stages! That said, I think if we could make assurances that we're genuinely building something and that one or two more of Roord's quality will be joining them, then maybe they'll be convinced to stay.

Hemp's partner plays for Sheffield United too so maybe that's an extra reason to stick around.
Who’s Hemp’s partner pal?
Hope you’re right about that possibly helping her to decide to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.