Women's Team Thread 2024/2025

Can't see it listed anywhere. 2nd leg is on City+ but only providing X (twitter) updates for the away game by the looks of it. Maybe something will appear a bit nearer kick-off but don't hold your breath

I'll be really frustrated if the club don't find a way to make this game available to watch online. Our first match in Europe for years and being played away. If DAZN aren't picking it up then the club should step in. Arsenal are showing both legs of their draw on their in house channel so there's no reason why we shouldn't be doing the same. How can we expect to grow the support for our women's team if we don't make a big deal of these kind if games and encourage fans to actually watch them? Hopefully something changes but so far our site is just saying it's going to be radio commentary.

I'll be really frustrated if the club don't find a way to make this game available to watch online. Our first match in Europe for years and being played away. If DAZN aren't picking it up then the club should step in. Arsenal are showing both legs of their draw on their in house channel so there's no reason why we shouldn't be doing the same. How can we expect to grow the support for our women's team if we don't make a big deal of these kind if games and encourage fans to actually watch them? Hopefully something changes but so far our site is just saying it's going to be radio commentary.
Maybe because all the City+ resources will be engaged at the UEFA Youth League game that kicks off at 3pm and the main event later in the evening.

Maybe because all the City+ resources will be engaged at the UEFA Youth League game that kicks off at 3pm and the main event later in the evening.

It's rubbish though. And tbh, it shouldn't be on the club to provide something when you consider all the broadcasters out there. DAZN or TNT or whoever it is who has the rights should have something on. Really poor, but I guess it shows how much the women's game needs to grow still.

Probably doesn't help that the tie of the round (Juventus vs PSG) is kicking off just 15mins later than our game. I would imagine that would be the 1st pick for the broadcasters and although the women's game following is increasing it's still got a long way to go before most games are covered (especially as we haven't even reached Champions League proper yet).

Probably doesn't help that the tie of the round (Juventus vs PSG) is kicking off just 15mins later than our game. I would imagine that would be the 1st pick for the broadcasters and although the women's game following is increasing it's still got a long way to go before most games are covered (especially as we haven't even reached Champions League proper yet).

None of this changes the fact that Arsenal fans are getting to watch their game and our fans aren't. As much as Arsenal get on my nerves, there's a few reasons their attendances are 10 times the size of ours and one of them is that the club have actually put the effort in.

If it really is a question of resource then it seems weird to me City would choose to prioritise televising an u19 fixture over the women's senior team when the u19 fixtures is happening at home. It doesn't make business sense either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.