Women's Team Thread 2024/2025

Those knockout rounds can be a bit of a travesty. Last time we got ko'd by Real Madrid by 1 goal (scored by our ex player) whilst Arsenal and others played a bunch of shitkickers. There's often a bunch of shite teams in the group stages too who we would batter on any day.
The draw will be all important, it should be seeded but isn't. Let's hope it's us that draws Polska Ladies stamp collectors XI this year.
Probably get drawn against Atletico Madrid knowing our luck in this competition.

I really don't understand the process, but it seems we enter at the round 2 stage and our draw will take place on September 9th.

Yeah it's so badly explained. The bottom line is there are two knockout rounds before the group stage and as runner up in a decent league we essentially get a bye into round two.

Have you seen the plans for for 25/26 season group stage? Looks like pure chaos. Instead of having a lots of groups of four teams there is going to be one massive league table of all 18 teams. Everyone plays 6 other teams once (chosen via a seeding system) but everyone's points a re recorded in one big table. It could be quite fun actually but super messy.

I see Rico Lewis's sister is joining the first team for their pre-season. She's a right back, too, and only 16!

The downside is that it likely means the injury to the Japanese right back we just bought is a serious one. I was actually watching that match, and it certainly didn't look good—non-contact knee injury.

I see Rico Lewis's sister is joining the first team for their pre-season. She's a right back, too, and only 16!

The downside is that it likely means the injury to the Japanese right back we just bought is a serious one. I was actually watching that match, and it certainly didn't look good—non-contact knee injury.

I'm going to baselessly and hopefully believe that we'd never bring a 16 year old into the fold for this kind of reason and that it's just about giving her some experience. Really surprised we haven't had an update on Risa though! They did a social media post with the squad shots of all of our Japanese players the other day and included Shimizu in it with no mention of any injury and decided to believe that meant she might be ok after all

I'm going to baselessly and hopefully believe that we'd never bring a 16 year old into the fold for this kind of reason and that it's just about giving her some experience. Really surprised we haven't had an update on Risa though! They did a social media post with the squad shots of all of our Japanese players the other day and included Shimizu in it with no mention of any injury and decided to believe that meant she might be ok after all
The fact that she's not on the traveling list is pretty telling, I fear.

Anyone knows why there are more missing players besides Shimizu from the travelling squad, like Roord, Coombs, MacIver, Annets, O'Hanlon?

Anyone knows why there are more missing players besides Shimizu from the travelling squad, like Roord, Coombs, MacIver, Annets, O'Hanlon?
Roord and MacIver are still recovering from ACL injuries so there's no chance they'd be playing. Not sure about the others, presuming they might be carrying less serious injuries which rules them out of playing.

Those knockout rounds can be a bit of a travesty. Last time we got ko'd by Real Madrid by 1 goal (scored by our ex player) whilst Arsenal and others played a bunch of shitkickers. There's often a bunch of shite teams in the group stages too who we would batter on any day.
The draw will be all important, it should be seeded but isn't. Let's hope it's us that draws Polska Ladies stamp collectors XI this year.
Could be a sticky tie!

!'m still wondering how we managed to get Real in that first match! I expect Lyon, PSG, Athletico or Barca this season. Uefa have just taken delivery of a brand new microwave!

Could be a sticky tie!

!'m still wondering how we managed to get Real in that first match! I expect Lyon, PSG, Athletico or Barca this season. Uefa have just taken delivery of a brand new microwave!
If we get Barca or Lyon it's definitely a stich up as they won the League and aren't in the qualifiers!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.