Wonder how many were at the 5-1 v Charlton 1985

Top day for many blues my age but I will never forget it was alsothe day of the Bradford fire disaster RIP

A great, great day, and there were many more during our trophy-less years. City are never boring because we have always been so unpredictable.
We are becoming more predictable now, but that isn't boring when we're winning!

unforgettable day. I was 17, me and my mate Mike (r.i.p) were there, pissed up on pisswater out of the beehive i think. Boiling hot day, flags everywhere, great atmosphere. Was in North stand i think, behind one of the goals anyway as usually went in Kippax. Never forget it.

just remember running on to the pitch at the end when the stewards and coppers gave up stopping us and making my way across to the Main stand with my mate Smiler and Donny towards the top of the tunnel area and seeing a mass of City fans on the pitch. Managed to get a print off the MEN of the blues on the pitch,looks amazing. The only down side of the day was the Bradford fire where my old man was filming it for Yorkshire tv, so sad.

Me

Still got it on Video. Seen it literally hundreds of times. (Not for a long time though)

Oh aye - was in the North Stand as a 13 year old, with my Dad.

Remember looking at the Kippax all starry eyed, wanting to be in there amongst the masses.

2 years later I took the plunge and staying in there til Maine Road finally shut it's doors.

A great, great day.

Was at the front of the kippax near to where the away fans should have been but the they arrived late because of an incident on the raods.

My younger brother who was 11 was getting crushed and w were moved to where the away fans were to be, when the Charlton fans came in they couldn't believe the amount of City already in there end.

Was my 1st ever visit to Maine Road. Got the 6.15am train from Darlington. Walked from the train station to the ground with the help of some helpful soul. We were at the ground for just after 12.30 and think i was the 1st one into the Kippax. Couldn't believe what an experience it was, thought it was like that every week. Anyway, never missed a home game for 15 years after that.

When i look back on it now i cannot believe my parents let me travel down to Manchester on my own, with no real idea where i was going. I was 15 at the time. Some Newcastle fans took me under their wing until we arrived at Manchester. To this day i am still good friends with them. They didn't even know my name for about 10 years and insisted on calling me "City" whenever i bumped into them down the years. One of them used to do the sound at the Newcastle Mayfair and got Frank Black of the Pixies to announce at a gig there "i hear City is in the house tonight". Great times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.