Wonder how many were at the 5-1 v Charlton 1985

CITY FOR LIFE said:
40000 odd, never, more like 50000, that day the Kippax was at bursting point, much like the night we played Everton in the FAC 6th rd replay 52000 that night ha,ha more like 58/60 2 great days in Citys History.

Anyone remember Bournmouth the 3-3 that was another CITY DAY :)

Was at all those games and Luton at home

oh the memories! beautiful day, my dad arguing with a guy at the top of the north stand about the seats one second then hugging him the next when the first went in, the refreshments cart that sold bovril and yorkie's that went around in front of the stands, nike windrunner's, simmo's little dance, eddie large on the bench, phillips' first, phillips second, alan curbishly hitting the post! pitch invasion, biggest buzz id ever have at the age of 12.

Brings tears to my eyes.

No matter what we achieve that game will always be in my heart.

bakerblue said:
remember it was they day of my sisters wedding and i spent most of the reception sat in my uncles car listening to it on the radio

Then you might have heard this...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNoZ8jTd_MA[/youtube]

What a day. It was one of those dead sunny hazy days and as the goals clocked up we were just so happy and giddy.

In the North stand, still remember the place erupting when Philips smashed that goal in with his left foot (I think?)

CITY FOR LIFE said:
40000 odd, never, more like 50000, that day the Kippax was at bursting point, much like the night we played Everton in the FAC 6th rd replay 52000 that night ha,ha more like 58/60 2 great days in Citys History.

Anyone remember Bournmouth the 3-3 that was another CITY DAY :)

3 - 0 up at half time ? Bournemouth score 3 in the second half.

60 Bournemouth fans in the Platt Lane go mental.

Yep...typical OLD City.

I was in main stand for this one, well the bit that used to be under tjd press box near the north stand....top game..

I ended up on the steps in the North Stand as all seats were taken. It was jam packed and they just kept letting people in. Fantastic atmosphere that day.

Great running on the pitch at the end!

I was there. Does anyone remember that the corner next to Platt Lane was virtually empty at the beginning of the game but as the Kippaxwas so full fans started streaming into the 'away end'. Even that was packed soon after KO so where 47k came from only the late Peter Swales can tell you. More like 55k. The same goes for many games during the 80's and most people laughed when the attendance was annonced or flashed up on the scoreboard

I was in the Platt Lane End 12 years old and had a ball with my Dad, ran on the pitch at the end proper happy times.

In the Kippax with my uncle, invading the pitch I climbed the fence my jeans got caught on the fence and I face planted onto the pitch felt a twat but got up and just ran into the middle of the pitch, great day up there with Blackburn and this years FA cup semi and finals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.