Wonga Repayments

Compensation culture once again.

People claiming compensation for loans they asked for from Wonga and were happy to take at the time.

Suddenly they are all ‘vulnerable’ victims somehow.

I believe the compensation is relating to cases where Wonga used a debt collector that wasn’t certified to do so, they essentially, accidentally but incredibly stupidly, didn’t check the background of this company.

So who's been promised a email regarding a Wonga repayment today?

I have 4.3p to the £.

Received £106.03 back (minus 33% i have to pay to the 3rd party i used to reclaim my money) out of £2459.62

Suppose the good news is the loans are being taken off my credit file within the next 45 days !!

Won't get any of the money for up to 4 weeks either!!

Good that they’re being taken off your credit file, is that done automatically?

I must have been one of the weirdos that used them a few times and paid what I borrowed back, doubt I'll get 3.9% back now ;-)

I was hit with an unexpected bill once and borrowed £100 from Wonga for a week as I literally couldn’t afford to eat and travel otherwise. I had to pay back maybe £112, IIRC. It was convenient rather than having to borrow from a family member or even sell something.

I believe the compensation is relating to cases where Wonga used a debt collector that wasn’t certified to do so, they essentially, accidentally but incredibly stupidly, didn’t check the background of this company.
not sure this is quite right BJ,,ive not checked but didnt they pass unpaid debts to there in house legal team who pretended to be solicitors on letter headings,also lending to those who had no means of repayment

not sure this is quite right BJ,,ive not checked but didnt they pass unpaid debts to there in house legal team who pretended to be solicitors on letter headings,also lending to those who had no means of repayment

I’m honestly not 100%. My understanding was they used a company that wasn’t registered, that carry on was taking place when we worked with them but we weren’t doing so to any great degree.

What I’ve said was my understanding but I’m not standing by that, I may be wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.