Words you hate?

I can’t help it, I can really like someone or think they’re ok but if they say “ back in the day “ the immediately go down a little in my estimation

“This moment in time” when they mean “now” and “so”! Who started that off? Probably a training consultant brought in from somewhere at huge amounts of money to train people to present and keep waving their arms up and down.

Discombobulated, actually I don't hate that word, but Kate Humble was on BBC Radio Manchester today and she said it, and I thought, I like Kate, but that word has no place in the conversation. I had to turn the radio off, weird how that got to me, I think I picked the wrong week to give up drinking meths!

I haven't read the previous 769 posts so not sure if it has been nominated before. Surreal.
Q "You have just won Wimbledon/ an Oscar / the F.A Cup, how do you feel?"
A "It's so Surreal."
No it's not. You have spent the whole of your life focused on your profession, it's not Surreal at all. If you see Mussolini riding a giant lobster down the High Street THAT is Surreal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.