Work In Progress

LEE BRADBURY

To be honest I am not sure what else MH could have done with the squad at his disposal, just one of those days I am afraid, stoke are a big physical side who simply stick 10 men(or 9) behind the ball and defend, that is not hard when your playing one of the smallest sides in the premiership.

Today was the kind of game where we needed a big target man for set pieces, as that was the only real route to goal, that’s where Stoke concede most goals from corners free kicks etc.

I think Robinho is a bit of a luxury playing teams like Stoke on our travels, our away form will support this.

I also think Zabletta is a much better right back than Micah because he is much more composed going forward.

Other than that I am gutted but realistic enough to know we are not the finished article yet, except for some dreadful defending and goal keeping we would have got a point out of this match.

I hope we sign Given,RSC,and Toure.

LEE BRADBURY said:
To be honest I am not sure what else MH could have done with the squad at his disposal, just one of those days I am afraid, stoke are a big physical side who simply stick 10 men(or 9) behind the ball and defend, that is not hard when your playing one of the smallest sides in the premiership.

Today was the kind of game where we needed a big target man for set pieces, as that was the only real route to goal, that’s where Stoke concede most goals from corners free kicks etc.

I think Robinho is a bit of a luxury playing teams like Stoke on our travels, our away form will support this.

I also think Zabletta is a much better right back than Micah because he is much more composed going forward.

Other than that I am gutted but realistic enough to know we are not the finished article yet, other than some dreadful defending and goal keeping we would have got a point out of this match.

I hope we sign Given,RSC,and Toure.

What about buying a few taller more physical players...I guess Hughes could have done that?

Bridge - 5.10, Zabaleta - 5.10, De Jong - 5.08, Kompany - 6.04, Robiinho - 5.08, Bellamy - 5.09.

"Work in progress" - I'm getting tired of hearing that.

'With great expectations comes even greater disappointment.'

To be honest i thought the keeper, 2 centre back and 2 holding midfielders had good games but everyone panic...

TudorRose said:
Erm, the 100million pounds worth of players on the pitch the HE brought into the club could have done something?

Shyte tactics.

WIDTH FFS
Stoke have been pretty decent at home this season,.

They have beaten Villa ,Spuds,Sunderland,Arsenal drawn 0-0 with Livepool and lost by one late goal to the rags.

So would you say they were shit ?

LEE BRADBURY said:
TudorRose said:
Erm, the 100million pounds worth of players on the pitch the HE brought into the club could have done something?

Shyte tactics.

WIDTH FFS
Stoke have been pretty decent at home this season,.

They have beaten Villa ,Spuds,Sunderland,Arsenal drawn 0-0 with Livepool and lost by one late goal to the rags.

So would you say they were shit ?

Nope. They have a physically imposing team and Pulis sets his team up the same way all season. Hughes knew what Stoke were about...so either he hasn't got the players or the tactics to deal with Stoke...or teams in the bottom three generally?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.