Work/Life Balance

Worked myself into the ground for my current company the only reward was they continually expected more.

Strictly 9 til 5 now and phone only on then too. Life is too short.

I appreciate that this not possible for everyone. So I am grateful to earn enough to support my family and grateful I learnt to say enough is enough before I damaged my health.

Ducado said:
Phil Meup said:
Ducado said:
Mine is OK at the moment to be honest

But we do have an overwork culture in some companies I have seen this, and it does not work well, it all ties in with the myth of multi tasking you can't do more than one thing at any one time
Mrs Meup will be having words with you! I've tried telling her!

It's a myth that has percolated into the psyche of the working world, try typing a reply to this and doing something else at the same time, it can't be done

Rubbish I can listen to my wife moaning like a good 'un in Spanish (oddly about work) whilst I'm reading and replying on this forum.

I couldn't even begin to describe the utter despair I feel each morning at the thought of going to work. Work life balance is actually not that bad as I get to spend decent amounts of time with the family, just the job is soul destroying. I should be absolutely thankful and joyous that I am fortunate enough to be gainfully employed and putting food on the table. You would also be absolutely right to say "man the fuck up you big ponse"and there are so many thousands upon millions of people who are so much very worse off than me and I feel guilty as sin saying this kind of thing, but everyday I feel like I fucking die a little inside.

I'm lucky that I enjoy my job. Every day is different and I have a fair bit of responsibility without having to deal with management sh*t too much. Two thirds of the time, there's not too much stress but when it comes it comes in huge amounts. Pay is bl**dy good. But it needs to be as I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of weeks in the last eight years I have NOT stopped away from home at least one night a week because of the job (holidays excepted).

Its called multi tasking
Its inbred in ever male on the planet
A sort of survival Bear Gryl's thingy

smudgedj said:
Ducado said:
Phil Meup said:
Mrs Meup will be having words with you! I've tried telling her!

It's a myth that has percolated into the psyche of the working world, try typing a reply to this and doing something else at the same time, it can't be done

Rubbish I can listen to my wife moaning like a good 'un in Spanish (oddly about work) whilst I'm reading and replying on this forum.

strongbowholic said:
I couldn't even begin to describe the utter despair I feel each morning at the thought of going to work. Work life balance is actually not that bad as I get to spend decent amounts of time with the family, just the job is soul destroying. I should be absolutely thankful and joyous that I am fortunate enough to be gainfully employed and putting food on the table. You would also be absolutely right to say "man the fuck up you big ponse"and there are so many thousands upon millions of people who are so much very worse off than me and I feel guilty as sin saying this kind of thing, but everyday I feel like I fucking die a little inside.

Nothing to be ashamed of, I feel exactly the same about my job I despise it greatly and question why I do it a lot.Be happy for what you have outside work, and don't let it eat you up.

21 years old now and have a year of uni left after this. Not sure what I want to do but I made a decision last year that I will not do a job I don't enjoy. I don't care how well paid it is, life is more important than having lots of money and as long as I can live a reasonably comfortable life I don't care how much I earn. If you like your work surely it becomes an enjoyable aspect of your life rather than work? I just don't think I could hack doing a job I hated for longer than 6 months!

good topic.

its rotten to see that people hate their jobs, full marks for turning in everyday to feed your familes.
i'm pretty lucky is I don't consider what I do as "work", time consuming but hardly work. the only snag is I do 7 days a week, every week so yes I do get weary. that's my age I suppose. in regard of work balance I did have 4 days off for Moscow and I am very lucky to be able to do those games. on the downside unless I do munich (very doubtful) I will be working from my Moscow return right through till xmas eve without any days off. imbalance maybe but I wouldn't have it any other way. being busy is everything, had enough down days in the past few years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.