World Cup 2018 | 14th June | Russia vs Saudi Arabia

Yeah I watched that game and thought Germany were a bit fortunate. If Saudi put in a similar level of performance then they’ll cause Russia a few problems. Russia aren’t exactly in good form either and haven’t beaten anyone of note for a couple of years now.

Good luck with your bet, hope Saudi do them.

Good start.....

Well Germany won only 2-1 in the last game before the World Cup against Saudiarabia.

Shows how much test matches tell when you just come out of a phase of heavy physical training. But that is the training that gets rewarded during the tournament. How could e.g. France just draw to a US team that consisted of second rate U23 players that never played together before.

In overtime in the Cup match 2014 players like Müller and Kroos were totally finished and had cramps during overtime after a season with Pep. During the World Cup this two were the fittest guys on the pitch and e.g. a Schweinsteiger ran 15 km in the final. Germany works since years with an American fitness crew (that is the only good that stayed from Klinsmann) and they work wonders after the season.

Shows how much test matches tell when you just come out of a phase of heavy physical training. But that is the training that gets rewarded during the tournament. How could e.g. France just draw to a US team that consisted of second rate U23 players that never played together before.

In overtime in the Cup match 2014 players like Müller and Kroos were totally finished and had cramps during overtime after a season with Pep. During the World Cup this two were the fittest guys on the pitch and e.g. a Schweinsteiger ran 15 km in the final. Germany works since years with an American fitness crew (that is the only good that stayed from Klinsmann) and they work wonders after the season.
Oh I agree with you. I just wanted to remark to the original poster than it by no means is automatic that Germany or anybody else can put 10 past the Saudi-Arabian goalkeeper as it was suggested. For what it is worth I think Germany will go far in the tournament, like they always do. Whether they can go all the way is another question. I doubt it, but surely they will be up there. First game on Sunday will be interesting and will tell us more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.