World Cup 2018 | 15th July | Final: France vs Croatia, KO 16:00 (BST)

Well, apparently you and the actual ref don't have a great understanding of the rules: it was a shockingly bad decision to award a penalty. Handball has to be deliberate and it was not clearly and obviously deliberate. On top of which, it looked like the ball would have gone to a Croatian player had it not been deflected. Now that would be irrelevant if there was no doubt about the handball being deliberate but in the circumstances the referee should have used some common sense and gone: no harm, no foul.

Nearly every handball that results in a pen isn’t deliberate. Players just don’t deliberately handle the ball (or hardly ever)

Nearly every handball that results in a pen isn’t deliberate. Players just don’t deliberately handle the ball (or hardly ever)

That's as maybe but the rules are explicit that only deliberate handballs should be punished.

Apparently, this "offence" was exactly what all teams/coaches were told (with video) would be penalty in WC or so I've sen claimed this morning. If that is true, it's ridiculous. Unless Persic hold his hands up and admits that he deliberately handled the ball, I will not be convinced that it was not accidental.

I was basically indifferent to who won yesterday but if England had been on the end of those decisions for France's first two goals, I'd be apoplectic.

Why are you getting on your high horse and acting like a cock? I’m saying that my understanding of the rules tells me it’s a penalty. If the referee hasn’t seen it, that is what VAR and goal line technology is for.

The referee who was deemed the best man for the World Cup final thought it was so why the fuck do you assume a retired referee is right? The rules have been altered since he retired.

Are you telling me a referee’s opinion is gospel and us plebs shouldn’t question them or did Gallagher simply come out with the same opinion as you so he must be right?

You and a retired referee’s opinion against a qualified referee, the match officials in the VAR room and an active and World Cup final standard referee’s opinion. Hmmmm.

Your opinion is as good as anybody's, although I disagree with you. Who gives a fuck what Dermot or any ex ref says.
If they were that bothered, they'd still be in the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.