World Cup 2018 | 18th June | England vs Tunisia Match Thread

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by MCFC1993, 17 Jun 2018.

1. prestonibbo_mcfc

prestonibbo_mcfc

Even if Southgate decides to go with Trippier, I have no problem with that. But I certainly agree 4-3-3 is the way to go.
    Saying that, Southgate will not be changing anytime soon. So we'll have to get used to it.

2. inchy14

inchy14

stunned, dazed and still can't quite believe it!!
    He hit 2 great passes in the first 25 minutes then reverted back to type. No good under pressure, fake hard man and always passes back to where it came from but at head height creating more problems.

3. Metalartin

Metalartin

Yeah I suppose he is having to close down gaps because of the two beside him, can't help always looking what's behind you. I was just not buying the "he was exceptional" line of thought because he wasn't and against better teams it will be even worse.

I do think Delph is a lot more confident with the ball at his feet and his first touch is far better, playing with KDB week in week out he might be able to get his head up and find the passes sooner, hopefully starting off more promising attacks.

He at least deserves some minutes there but I can just see Dier getting that chance instead when he's a worse version of Henderson, perhaps with a better tackle and the odd long range goal in him.

Last edited: 18 Jun 2018
  4. rowarta

rowarta

So far all European teams who have played non Europeans countries have not lost with the exception of Germany.

5. aguerrrroooooooooooo

aguerrrroooooooooooo

Okay so I've calmed down from the initial shock of us winning that game.
    Up until the penalty we were excellent, high pressing was good passing was crisp. Then after the goal we weren't as sharp as we were but largely remained in control up until half time.
    Second half was a repeat of the Iceland game, utterly dreadful. No penetration in the second half and went from side to side with no idea how to break them down and our pressing dropped off a cliff.
    If we have any ambitions of going far in the tournament we need to play how we did in the first 30 minutes more consistently

6. franksinatra

franksinatra

Im not trying to do Sterling a disservice but at City he has KDB/Silva sliding the balls behind the fullbacks so typically he utilises his blistering pace and then solely has to focus on the cross (not an easy skill) but much simpler than being asked to be a crucial aspects of a moves development and responsible for creating space which as City is done by others. Its a similar story for Sane also.

We get the best out of those two where as England with there limited midfield are unable too. Case in point how many passes did you see tonight slipped inside the fullbacks in comparison to a City match. Its like watching a different game.

7. Indaparkside

Indaparkside

Just a quick one on the manager I actually find him a very decent human being that's all

8. franksinatra

franksinatra

Great let him dedicate his life to Charity work instead:-)

9. Indaparkside

Indaparkside

Could be worse could have fat Sam slobbering chewing gum down his double chin

10. Blue Army

Blue Army

Enjoyed that.