World Cup 2018 | 25th June Matches | Next: Iran vs Portugal, Spain vs Morocco, KO 19:00 (BST)

Not sure what the Russian player was doing there—he couldn’t have possibly thought pushing Cavani out of the way was a beneficial tactic for his keeper to have a better chance to save the free kick.

@aguero93:20 Now I am wondering other things. ;-)
I seem to have said it every game at this world cup, if defenders focused on defending the ball and positioning instead of constantly fouling they'd be conceding less silly goals and penalties, far too many players trying to 'cheat' (both in terms of breaking the rules and trying to skip important parts of their roles).

I seem to have said it every game at this world cup, if defenders focused on defending the ball and positioning instead of constantly fouling they'd be conceding less silly goals and penalties, far too many players trying to 'cheat' (both in terms of breaking the rules and trying to skip important parts of their roles).
I agree, there has been some woeful (if not questionable) defending in many matches this World Cup. The most obvious example being the opening match, when Saudi Arabia’s defending could be charitably described as ‘suspect’. They are obviously one of the (if not the) weakest teams in the tournament, but some of the “defending” on show in that match was beyond laughable—the feigned attempt to block Russia’s second goal alone was worthy of Comic Relief.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.