World Cup 2018 | 26th June Matches | Next: Argentina vs Nigeria, Iceland vs Croatia, KO 19:00 (BST)

So Messi picked the fucking team, did he? Then he'll never make a manager.

Penalty was a dive imo. He waited til the right moment then threw himself on the floor.

Agreed, some minor holding at the start of the incident then the Nigerian player pushes backwards to keep the contact and goes down. Ref eager to show he is stamping down on holding in the penalty area falls for it.

That’s the thing, though, isn’t it? That was stupid to do it at all by Mascherano, but we’ve got so used to seeing it (how many dozens of times a season does Kun have to put up with that?) that it makes it look like avery harsh decision. I’m in no doubt whatsoever that the Nigerian player just let himself fall over.

But it is a foul.

I pointed it out when Liverpool played West Brom under v.a.r. WBA had a goal disallowed but a Liverpool player was doing that to one of their players, holding him down.

People said 'ah but they'll stop doing it'. Perhaps they will one day.

But more likely, refs will just pick & choose when they bother to give it.

Serg is going to end up retiring from international football tonight. Which would suit us down to the ground.

Agreed. But he blew straight away so can't go to VAR. He should've let the ball go out of play, then looked. Knob ref

He's consistently one of the worst refs in the world yet always gets the big games. One of these people who crave authority and likes to decide matches. He reminds me of the prison guard out of Midnight Express.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.