World Cup Semi FinalS

sam-caddick said:
I quite like the look of Enzo Perez.

Said before the game they'd be better without Di Maria in midfield. And they were, they had shape to them, Perez is a better passer and better defensively and still offers a bit going forward

Tricky_Trev said:
Rösler von Stretfordbömber said:
If Messi were not named "Lionel Messi" I would have thought "who is this shockingly wank player?"
Worst player on the pitch.

Him and Aguero when he came in.I'm not sure if Kun had a single good pass. But at least he has recent injury excuse, Messi doesn't.

I'm fairly sure Messi's body is gone and he'll never be a player he was.

He used to have at least 5 of those trademark runs in the game, now he has one in 5 games.

Zaba = Terminator

zabanator.jpg

MSP said:
Tricky_Trev said:
Rösler von Stretfordbömber said:
If Messi were not named "Lionel Messi" I would have thought "who is this shockingly wank player?"
Worst player on the pitch.

Him and Aguero when he came in.I'm not sure if Kun had a single good pass. But at least he has recent injury excuse, Messi doesn't.

I'm fairly sure Messi's body is gone and he'll never be a player he was.

He used to have at least 5 of those trademark runs in the game, now he has one in 5 games.

It could be the case as he has needed medical help just to be able to play due to GHD.
Not saying he cheated, far from it, he needed this treatment just to function normally and keep a plethora of medical issues linked at bay.

My ex's best mate's family is similar, so much wrong with them all if it was down to natural selection non of them would even be alive if the truth be told.

If it is then it was a pleasure watching him and if he comes back to his best then good for us watching.

LvG. the more I see and hear this guy the more I dislike him, all about him a self centred prick who blames everyone else but claims all the credit.

Reminds me of Fat Sam, just some comments after the semi final, 2 of my players refused to take the first penalty it is the important one basically saying Vlaar wasn't his choice, he coached the Argie keeper to save penalties. To lose on penalties is just about luck but after they won he was a genius for switching keepers.

That's what is being reported on Fox here , looks like a perfect choice for the scum

supercrystal7 said:
KippaxCitizen said:
adrianr said:
That was like the rag Sunderland league cup semi final to go and play us at Wembley.
Neither team looked like they fancied it much, and the victor will lose anyway.
To be fair, Brazil are truly awful and have been all tournament, Ghana outplayed Germany, and Algeria had about a dozen chances to win the game against them. Plus Argentina are very difficult to play against. They're a very unattractive, difficult but organised team defensively.

I think it will be close but maybe a Kun late special...!
No Brazil have not been that bad. They still beat Chile and Colombia. Germany played a stupid formation against Ghana and in the end comfortably beat Algeria. They really are that good and it looks like Loew will be sensible. They now have a settled team and have the extra rest. The Dutch lost today, because they were dead on their feet. Argentina will be even more tired against Germany. Hard to see any chance of them winning.

I'm not sure Germany are that good. Aside from the Brazil game they've hardly sparkled - even in the first game, Portugal were the better side until the Germans get an extremely soft penalty. Against Ghana they were crap, against the US workman-like at best. Poor against Algeria, disciplined if unspectacular against France. I don't think a front three of Müller, Klose and Özil is anything to frighten anyone - they've only created chances against a ridiculously hopeless Brazil defence. In Schweinsteiger, Khedira and Kroos they've obviously got an unbelievably good midfield; but if Argentina match up with their three and defend as they have done in the last two games, I think the Germans will find it pretty tough going to break them down. If they move the ball quickly when they win it, they can also cause Germany's backline a few problems.

Still think Germany are favourites, not least because of the extra day's rest (and the confidence they will have gleaned from mauling Brazil in such a fashion). But I expect it to be tight.

In my life Holland lost 3 finals and were eliminatedin the semis through penalties in two. Being a City fan that has lived through the dark ages helps me cope. I found out I don't like the opponent having a City-player in their team. Let alone 3. It does mix you up, because I will always defend a City-player. Never had this because City never had that many players in a WC-tournament.

I wasn't proud on the way the Dutch team have played, but as a fan you get a bit blinded and you just wish them to get as far as possible. It would have been some achievement to get in back-to-back finals like we did in 1974 and 1978. Anyways, for the neutrals it must have been a shit game. Including extra time. Both teams were organized and that's pretty much it.

The 2nd half vs Spain got us on our way, but to be fair we never deserved to be in a final of a World Cup. Not with these players and this kind of football. Argentina not much better tbh and with the players they have that's maybe even worse.

I will support the Argies when the play the Germans because of obvious reasons. But it would be fair to say so far Germany is probably the only team to deserve being in the final. Jeez, whatever.

Germany the best of a pretty poor bunch, the standard of the sides in these semi finals has been decidely average.
Hope the Argies win for the City players but if they continue with the 'play it safe' stuff then i'll probably end up rooting for the Germans.

Vlaar's penalty should have counted. the ball spun in after it was saved.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R1AyIV-tQM[/video]

similar to this
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ5DPBnHPqo&feature=kp[/video]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.