World Cup Thread, Round of 16, Sat 28 June - Tue 1 July

The game was a rollercoaster from start to finish,thoroughly engrossing if not wildly attractive football.A hard day to be a midfielder it was so hectic at times.Chile have my sympathy never nice to go out on peno's but they they came so close with thirty seconds to go the poor fucker will have nightmares about this game for years to come,crossbar and then miss a pen.Nasty.

01cravend said:
jared said:
citytill1die84 said:
Gutted for Chile :( Alexis is some player. Another great game but imo Brazil won't win this world cup.
He is shite at Barca. Shite at penalties too

Are you high/pissed?

21 goals and 15 assists from the wing last season

I'm being unfunny. And possibly pissed

jared said:
citytill1die84 said:
Gutted for Chile :( Alexis is some player. Another great game but imo Brazil won't win this world cup.
He is shite at Barca. Shite at penalties too
was a mistake elect him, he was evidently to tired, he felt the roughness of this game and the preceding ones. But he had a great WC.
you should compare the reactions from Chileans players after losing the game with the atitude of other teams, there is the explanation why English, Italian, Spanish and others didn't qualified, so many "cold chest", they didn't wanted so much.

I'm With Stupid said:
Weren't we in for Sanchez before he went to Barcelona?

According to the fail we were.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2008178/Manchester-City-bid-38m-Alexis-Sanchez.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... nchez.html</a>

Brilliant game end to end and either team could have won. Luiz and Neymar showed real bottle taking those penalties under such pressure. Sanchez was brilliant. Brazil's problem at the moment is that only David Luiz, Thiago Silva and Neymar are playing to their full potential. Hulk was better today, but the other players especially Alves and Oscar have been woeful. If they don't step up massively I don't see them beating Colombia, but teams can grow into tournaments.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.