World Cup Thread. Sun. 22nd June

Apparently being announced that last nights match was the most viewed sporting event in ESPN history outside of Amercan football.

lancs blue said:
andrewmswift said:
Pokes28 said:
I went to bed and dreamed of last night's match over and over. Woke up more exhausted than when I went to bed. That is why I normally have my unwind time before going to bed. Nothing like having victory and advancement snatched out at the very last seconds to feel completely gutted. Especially when i was hoping for at least a draw and we still got that.

The US is still sitting in a good position to move on. Man i wish Germany had beaten Ghana so this would pretty much already be over with.

people were cheering for ghana at the bar saturday, and i was fucking furious with them. morons

Surely people can support whoever they like, "land of the free" and all that?

They can, however most people here truly don't understand the WC format. They knew Germany was a favorite and they just wanted to cheer for the underdog without any concept that a Germany win would in fact help the U.S. by eliminating Ghana. Now going into Thursday, we are in a tougher position. Germany is pretty much locked into knockouts win/lose/draw. Ghana and Portugal can not win the group.

If: Germany wins or ties- They are 1 seed
if USA wins - they are 1 seed - tie = 2 seed
If Portugal/Ghana tie then Germany/US advance with Germany having a 3 goal differential advantage.

If Ghana wins and the US loses and Ghana wins by more goals than the US loses (IE Ghana wins by two and the US loses by 1) then Ghana is a 2 seed - Germany 1 seed.

If Portugal wins and the US loses and Portugal wins by three more goals than the US loses (IE Portgal wins by 4 and the US loses by 1) then Portugal is a 2 seed - Germany a 1 seed.

If Ghana wins and the Germany loses and Ghana wins by more than three more goals than Germany loses (IE Ghana beats Portugal by 4 and Germany loses by 1) then Ghana is a 2 seed and the US is a 1 seed. This is the only way Germany doesn't advance.

lancs blue said:
andrewmswift said:
Pokes28 said:
I went to bed and dreamed of last night's match over and over. Woke up more exhausted than when I went to bed. That is why I normally have my unwind time before going to bed. Nothing like having victory and advancement snatched out at the very last seconds to feel completely gutted. Especially when i was hoping for at least a draw and we still got that.

The US is still sitting in a good position to move on. Man i wish Germany had beaten Ghana so this would pretty much already be over with.

people were cheering for ghana at the bar saturday, and i was fucking furious with them. morons

Surely people can support whoever they like, "land of the free" and all that?

they were idiot US supporters who were just rooting for the underdog even though the only result we wanted in that game was a german win

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.