World Cup Thread. Sun. 22nd June

idahoblues said:
outstanding display from the yanks

agreed, klinnsman had done very well to get them organised and play to their potential. They played with pride and passion like they usually do. The scenes in Chicago and New York at their football gatherings was incredible to see, literally thousands and thousands of fans going nuts.

SebastianBlue said:
Impeccable One said:
SebastianBlue said:
In all seriousness, I'm am old enough to have fully experienced the incredible underachievement from both nations so I am grateful for Spain's triumphs.

Now, if only England could actually perform to potential I could be a truly sportingly fulfilled man.

Sorry to say, what you saw in the last two games IS England performing to our potential !

Right now, I absolutely agree. But if the FA could move past their corruption and infighting to create a decent youth development system England could dominate the world again.

Ray78 said:
SebastianBlue said:
In all seriousness, I'm am old enough to have fully experienced the incredible underachievement from both nations so I am grateful for Spain's triumphs.

Now, if only England could actually perform to potential I could be a truly sportingly fulfilled man.

In order for that to happen England has to evolve and quickly The post-mortems from both the press and supporters are getting tiresome after another tournament failure. Easier said than done especially with people in charge and their blinkered attitude.

Just as Spain will need to do. Fortunately, they are in a much better position to evolve their style with the talent available.
What is the difference between the set-ups in successful footballing nations like Germany and Spain, and England?

Surely this has all ben looked into many times over the last 50 years

andrewmswift said:
Ray78 said:
andrewmswift said:
i feel like shit

Chin up you are still in a position to qualify, something England has failed to do.

yes, but all bradley had to do was boot the ball to fuck. 30 seconds left, in acres of space, and he somehow turns it over. it makes me want to gouge my eyes out

Or Bradley's?

You can really tell that the US team is well coached. They know which runs to make and they cover for each other properly, and when you have that awareness of space you can give any team in the world a decent game. It helps of course that they are one of the fittest teams in the competition, and clearly have excellent team spirit. Klinsmann's doing a fine job with them.

What is it about football,i was cheering the USA 2nd goal whilst in bed at half past midnight then was gutted for them when they conceded late on
Just keep it in the corner next time!

Also helps that the manager could be described as probably one of the best players of his generation.
You tend to listen more to people have worn the t-shirt.

Fabian Johnson looks a pretty decent right full back for The States, he makes great attacking runs and is up and down that right flank all game long, the man has some engine on him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.