World Darts Championship 2024

I’m not too sure about that. That miss changed the match. Littler would have gone 5-2 up and was on a roll and would have knocked the stuffing right out of Humphries. As it was he missed and that gave Humphries his chance, which he took and he’s not World number 1 for nothing.
Lots of unnecessary comments on here about Littler. He played the tournament in a good spirit, even in the final he applauded his opponent on a good throw. As Humphries said, he will be back because he is such a good player.
Always makes me laugh when people carry on saying what he's like as if they know him. Humphries knows him better than anyone on bluemoon and said straight after the final that he's a really decent person and good to be around.

The darts has now finally got it’s self away from a so called pub game , there’s not many sports when you need both physical and mental ability in a split second, I followed the circuit years ago and got to a quite good level to play county youth league level. Unless you had a very good sponsor or a very good employer no matter how good you was you would struggle. Played many finals in the riverside at Denton back in the day
I’m only 54 but they were great days .
Cheshire had the best county league side bar none in the eighties. Log end on a Thursday county on a Sunday , pub team on a Monday.
John Gwynne for the record was an absolute gentleman one of the nicest blokes you ever could wish to meet .
Just out of interest A57 what sort of averages do County players have? Obviously the top pros nudge 100 but I'd be interested to see what the gap between good amateurs and the elite is.

Just out of interest A57 what sort of averages do County players have? Obviously the top pros nudge 100 but I'd be interested to see what the gap between good amateurs and the elite is.
Mozzer it was a long time since I followed the county scene but all the top pros back in the day played county darts so it was a high standard you’d be talking roughly low 80’s to near enough mid 90’s . The lowes arms in Denton was a good place on Fridays for exhibition games,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.