World Vegan Day

Went on holiday to Cornwall with my parents in the early 70s and stayed with some relatives on their working farm
Picking animals to kill for dinner wasn’t my idea of fun and I’ve never eaten meat since then
I’ve never pushed my views on my kids,ethically or politically and my eldest to his great shame likes Corbyn and lamb chops

In the "style" of Greta Thunburg how very dare we eat other sentient beings just to satiate our own primordial needs. As to where we stand on the taking of the moral high ground depends on our own situation vacant at the time of venting. If I was in the back of Sean The Sheep's abattoir van on route to Slaughter with all my Human Fam in tow then I would want the world to become immediate veggies. I'm sure we can improve on the texture and taste of food to replicate the actual taste of meat. Slaughterhouses are a very messy affair and there is no easy way to take a life whether it be by gassing stun gun or electric shock. However until such time as the clever people can manufacture a decent alternative to Linda McCartney's shitty offings then I guess I will have to keep chomping on the Real Deal and anyway it's not my fault I'm a predisposed run of the mill carnivore but hark this I would definitely 100% change if there were realistic tasty alternatives available. So Splif on up or even nail a scoop or three whilst listening in to this musical dittee because they have a life just like you and me. Peace and love.

Last edited:
The problem with this post is that you're outright lying.

It's an absolute bullshit myth that vegans, "continually announce their position with righteousness and contempt" when the opposite is largely true. You're generalising about large groups of people. The reality is that most vegans keep themselves to themselves and do their own thing. What you, of course, neglect to mention is that as soon as someone finds out that you're vegan (usually by accident or by someone else telling them), then you get 'hilarious' and/or overly-defensive meat-eaters jumping on them, pushing their views about why it's right to eat meat etc. If you insist on announcing your position on the subject, leave out the lies.
don't tell me what I've heard, please. That doesn't happen?
yes i did stereo type somewhat to make a point, but if you noticed in my second line that I stated that perhaps the person I replied to doesn't do it and that I wasn't having a go at him, you may have comprehended that I didn't mean or say everybody. my point was each to their own.

Last edited:
don't tell me what I've heard, please. yes i did stereo type somewhat to make a point, but if you noticed in my second line that I stated that perhaps the person I replied to doesn't do it and that I wasn't having a go at him, you may have comprehended that I didn't mean or say everybody.

Honestly, I've heard more people go on about how vegans go on about being vegan, than I've EVER heard a vegan go on about being vegan!!!

I have stopped eating meat, apart from my rentboy duties obviously. I too will not venture into the preaching bollocks, it's just what I wanted to do because I increasingly found it difficult to do with the way I feel.

It's not easy. Especially since I cook meat really well and fucking love the taste, but, I do feel better in my mind.

It's been 9 weeks and I have good days and bad, but all in I'm happy to have finally done it.

The point is, you know 3 vegans who go on about it but you probably know plenty more vegans but you don't even know that they're vegans. There are people I've known for years and years who I've only recently found out are vegan. Stop generalising.
He is not generalizing, he is very specific about the three that he knows, talking about ones he may not know about is irrelevant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.