Worse return journey home from away game after watching City

Weston Blue

Having just read the City Spurs 4-3 thread and deciding it was proably the best away game I have attended, it made me think of the worst.

Mine was losing 4-0 to Brighton in the FA Cup in 1983. I was studying at Nottm and had three mates that supported Brighton. We decided we must go to the game. It was dire. We were hammered and i think it was Nicky Reid that got sent off. I think Bond resigned soon after and in effect we went on a slide after this game that saw us relegated for the first time since I had been wtaching City.

The worse thing was I had a 4 hour journey back home with 4 "Seagulls". Nightmare.

What's your worse away game.

Seem to remember trying to get away from chelsea away when we got hammered 6-0 was annoying, erm the 8-1 against middlesboro was a nightmare trying to get away, anytime we've had to go to london pretty much as the tube is always packed.

Once i took it upon myself to drive to Fulham, think it was the 3-3 from 2 seasons ago, which wasn't very clever parking right outsode the ground then trying to get away at full time.

Think the worst is probably, trying to get out of Newcastle after a defeat, especially that one when Shearer scored that goal within 10.3 seconds of kick off.

Worst journey I did was after the 2-2 with Pompey, the week before we got promoted at Blackburn.

City put a train on. There was no booze. It took about 7 hours to get back. I was sat with some right bores too.

that was one tedious journey.

For me it was returning from Blackburn(the day of hillsbrough)got battered 4-0 and had to listen to fellow blues laughing and joking about how many scousers had died...very depressing

Middlesbrough away 2 seasons ago was the most dreary car journey ever.Not helped by meeting some Arsenal fans at Leicester Forest East who tried to be nice(they had just won at Sunderland) but ended up making us even more depressed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.