Worse return journey home from away game after watching City

has to be charlton for me a few years back at the valley. we lost 1-0 and absolutely battered them. trabelsi and sinclair hit the post late on if i remember correctly. think charlton got relagated that year if i remember correctly ?

8 days in a Faroese hospital with nothing but Danish telly and an English to Russian medical dictionary to read.

I reckon for trauma and drama that's second, with the first prize being won easily by Carl Ramsbottom!

sput the wonder pig said:
Kinky Dribbler said:
Lincoln 4-1 City

it was 2-1 mate, if im think of the midweek match in DIV 2.....

however mine was probably..... losing to palace in the league cup QF

plain rubbish......

or when we lost to Blackburn 4-0 and having to listen to Hillsborough unfold in the car home... TRAGIC !!!!

it was 4-1, uwe scored in the first few minutes then we collapsed, that wasnt such a bad trip back as it was a 20 minute bus home.

worst for me was probably something like chesterfield in the cup

kiam06 said:
Don't know if Europeans count as the thread does say 'home' but Shalke was bad, we stayed in Cologne and the traffic to and from the ground was terrible. Must have took about 3 hours from Cologne to the ground and about 2 hours back, what made it seem worse was we ran out of beer too. I was expecting about 30mins on the coach, how wrong I was.

I was on the 1 night trip as well, we stayed in Cologne. Got stuck on the autobahn in traffic, think it was something like 3 accidents along the way. We all stopped off at some service station about 30 mins away from the ground. Finally we got into the ground the match had been playing 15 minute already, but it didn't matter cos we beat Schalke anyway. Then had lots of fun trying to negotiate our way back to the airport all in all a fun trip.

When we went to Hamburg last season our coach driver actually stopped outside the stadium, we were all getting ready to get off the coach, then he decided he was going to carry on driving so naturally he keeps on going and before we knew it were on the outskirts of Hamburg, we were all yelling at the guy to turn the hell around and take us back. Was hilarious, think we all reduced the guy to tears as he wasn't there to pick us up again after the game.

There have been so many! But i'm going for Shrewsbury away, mid 80's. We hadn't won away for 4 (FOUR) years and were drawing 0-0. 2 mins to go, get a penalty - Neil McNab steps up...you guessed it (so did their keeper).

On the official coach with Big helen all the way home - life don't get no better than that

Not so much my worse journey but definitely 1 of my mates.

On the way back from norwich and taking forever, my mate decides that he needs a slash so gets out of the car on the hard shoulder on a shitty A road, walks into the grass area to have a pee. 10 minutes later he has not returned so one of the lads decided to get out and have a look for him. Just as he reaches the grass area he suddenly appears climbing upwards. “Where have you been?” he says. Turns out he took one step too many and fell into a storm drain, dropping about 30 feet and ripping his kecks and bruising all his back and leg. He struggled for 10 minutes to climb back up. As you can imagine he had the piss ripped out of him for the entire journey home.

Great journey for the rest of us - shit for him.

kiran111 said:
[I was on the 1 night trip as well, we stayed in Cologne. Got stuck on the autobahn in traffic, think it was something like 3 accidents along the way. We all stopped off at some service station about 30 mins away from the ground. Finally we got into the ground the match had been playing 15 minute already, .

I should have been on that coach.

It was a daft idea to run the coach to the stadum so close to kick off.

Everyone wanted to be in Gelsenkhirken to soak up the atmosphere. It only took us about 45 mins by train.

At 1pm we were having a pizza with our first beer, hearing "We're Not Really Here" echoing around the streets.

Sorry to rub it in...!

To be fair Sunday was pretty awful because of the result.

Standing at OT metro and some **** said 'fucking great that, nothing better than winning the derby'.

Living down south, I've had more horrific journeys coming back from home games than aways!

Ipswich where we got relegated from the Prem under Joe Royle... Easter Monday if I remember right, the drive there was glorious sunshine... afternoon in a pub full of City... Goater scored early and then we lose and go down...

Country A roads all the way back and I'm falling asleep... had to stop about a dozen times to stay awake...

I s'pose relegation beats sleep and certain death!!! Took about six hours to do a three hour drive tho'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.