Worse return journey home from away game after watching City

another brighton away day
think it was september 82, the away end was open and it poured down during the first half
couldn't see anything because my glasses didn't have windscreen wipers and ended up fully sodden
didn't have a coat as the forecast was sunshine!
wet through driving all the way home in an small old car
we lost 4-0!

Wembley 1981 after the replay. We were 1st City coach on Wembley Way & all the windows were put through by Spurs fans. We were F***** freezing on the way home!!

Ok so it wasnt watching City.... but

I went To Marseille Watching England V Tunisia France 98..... and i drove....

go back to my car after the game and the Morrocans had smashed the 2 front side windows...

so had to drive 16.5 hours thru the night in cold rain and hail... to get home.....

shocker

easy this, brighton last year, 5 mins to go we are 2 up, lose it and dreadful journey back, the mini bus had a kamikazi driver who got lost on the way there(we were on chester road sale)never mind coming back.
to top it all ran out of juice once back in sale at 4am, a police van pulled up along side us as we were pushing it to safety, they were pissing themselves, not cos we'd run out of fuel but because we were daft enough to go all that way to watch us lose.

Monday night game at Reading a few seasons ago.

Decided to travel down from Northampton, where I was working, instead of watching it in the pub. terrible traffic jams on the M4 and was stuck for nearly two hours so missed the first 20 minutes. We were dreadful and got beat, with ared card to boot.

Traffic was murder getting away and not helped by the fact that a big load was being moved past the Madjeski Stadium as everyone came out. Then the M4 and M40 were both closed at some point so I didn't get back to Northampton until 1:30am when I'd hopd to be back about 11:30.

Charlton away first game of the season not sure of the year.
Got beat 4 or 5 nil
Got back to car clamped
Got car released £120
try to get back for MOTD as it was the first week of the season.
Run out of petrol on motorway about 10 miles from home
Miss match of the day.

Don't know if Europeans count as the thread does say 'home' but Shalke was bad, we stayed in Cologne and the traffic to and from the ground was terrible. Must have took about 3 hours from Cologne to the ground and about 2 hours back, what made it seem worse was we ran out of beer too. I was expecting about 30mins on the coach, how wrong I was.

kiam06 said:
Don't know if Europeans count as the thread does say 'home' but Shalke was bad, we stayed in Cologne and the traffic to and from the ground was terrible. Must have took about 3 hours from Cologne to the ground and about 2 hours back, what made it seem worse was we ran out of beer too. I was expecting about 30mins on the coach, how wrong I was.

We stayed in Cologne on the Thomas Cook 1 night stay trip.

I didn't like the idea of the coach there a couple of hours before so a mate and I paid about £5 and got the train to Gelsen khirken from Cologne on the day of the game. We had all day in town drinking and having a laugh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.