Worst away days

One of my worst but not because of the game was Burnley away in 2001 Goater hattrick in a 4-2 win train broke down metres from Burnley station had to sit there for 3 hours, and because it was the last one to get there before kick off there was hardly any blues on it. Finally got moving when the game was over, we pulled into Burnley station and all the blues got on for the trip home. Fuming

Charlton, 80s...may even have been boxing day. We were mullered
It was the 28th when they played at Selhurst Park
Remember going down in the car thinking this was the day we would finally win away !
I’m sure we played them at home late Nov and beat them 2-1
Charlton didn’t score another goal until that 5-0 win
Typical City !!!

Didnt he actually say he'd enjoyed one of our beatings there that week?
KOTK did a front cover showing Alan Ball being tortured in a dungeon, and saying "I'm enjoying this" in response to his comments about the 6-0 defeat at Anfield.
It upset the happy-clappies at the time, but the majority of Blues found it amusing.

KOTK did a front cover showing Alan Ball being tortured in a dungeon, and saying "I'm enjoying this" in response to his comments about the 6-0 defeat at Anfield.
It upset the happy-clappies at the time, but the majority of Blues found it amusing.

That’s funny, IMO. Fanzine gallows humour.

my memory isn't what it could be in terms of exactitudes,
maybe some statto will be along to correct me,
but i distinctly recall brighton away several times in the early 80's
we always seemed to concede 4.
it was some journey there and back in those days in a fiesta,
you had to drive right through london, twice.

although, coming back on one occasion was sound,
we stopped off for a king kurt gig in the smoke,
cheered us up no end.

Last edited:
and the vote for the biggest waste of time has to be...
pre-season friendly port vale away 2006.
barton scored a first half hat trick. wanker!

It was the 28th when they played at Selhurst Park
Remember going down in the car thinking this was the day we would finally win away !
I’m sure we played them at home late Nov and beat them 2-1
Charlton didn’t score another goal until that 5-0 win
Typical City !!!
There have been quite a few. I concur with this one. A miserable day in between Christmas and New Year. Had to go on the special, which was dry and took forever. Did we get in their half that game?

and the vote for the biggest waste of time has to be...
pre-season friendly port vale away 2006.
barton scored a first half hat trick. wanker!
Not as bad as Barnsley away for a friendly or a testimonial game for a Barnsley player a day or two after relegation v Stoke. I think the only City fans there was the 10 of us on a Levenshulme Blues mini bus. No idea what the score was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.