worst Beatles songs?

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
I know it doesn't really count as it was mixed using some material John Lennon had recorded before he died but no one has mentioned this

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIoc8ZO8VnI[/youtube]

I don't think its that bad to be honest. What do you think of 'Real Love'? That's from a Lennon demo but I think really good myself.

That's not the real Beatles though, is it?

Free as a bird was not the fab four, as you say.

Personally, I never really liked any song sung by Ringo Star.

Other than that, I like their music. I grew up in the 60's and I remember the impact they had on everyone. They were a phenomenon. Nothing like them will be seen again, IMO.

They pushed the boundaries of technology to the extreme. Listen to Sgt Pepper. It may not be your cup of tea, but think about recording an album like that on a 4 track tape, and finishing it off with a note so high only a dog can hear it!

It may be easy to call some of their albums crap these days, like The White Album, but at the time it was a total revelation, as were all their albums in the 60's when they were released. And they released 2 albums a year, all of which were groundbreaking at the time.

It's 50 years since they wowed the world, and here we are, talking about them because we all know their music and have an opinion about them.

No other band in history can make that claim. Sure, we all know the hits of The Rolling Stones, The Kinks, The Who, but The Beatles go beyond that. Lots of the songs named in this thread were not chart toppers. They were'nt even singles. I think that in itself is a testimony to the quality of their work.

Yes, I like The Beatles. Not only for their music, but also for their endearing charm as individuals. The mopped topped chart toppers will never be forgotten, and will never be surpassed as a 'pop' group. They have their place in music history, like Beethoven or Mozart, and rightly so. IMO.

Fowlers Penalty Miss said:

Other than that, I like their music. I grew up in the 60's and I remember the impact they had on everyone. They were a phenomenon. Nothing like them will be seen again, IMO.

They pushed the boundaries of technology to the extreme. Listen to Sgt Pepper. It may not be your cup of tea, but think about recording an album like that on a 4 track tape, and finishing it off with a note so high only a dog can hear it!

It may be easy to call some of their albums crap these days, like The White Album, but at the time it was a total revelation, as were all their albums in the 60's when they were released. And they released 2 albums a year, all of which were groundbreaking at the time.

It's 50 years since they wowed the world, and here we are, talking about them because we all know their music and have an opinion about them.

No other band in history can make that claim. Sure, we all know the hits of The Rolling Stones, The Kinks, The Who, but The Beatles go beyond that. Lots of the songs named in this thread were not chart toppers. They were'nt even singles. I think that in itself is a testimony to the quality of their work.

Yes, I like The Beatles. Not only for their music, but also for their endearing charm as individuals. The mopped topped chart toppers will never be forgotten, and will never be surpassed as a 'pop' group. They have their place in music history, like Beethoven or Mozart, and rightly so. IMO.
I totally agree. I didn't grow up in the 60's, I'm 23, but they were one of the first British bands to start writing their own songs rather than having producers do it for them and paved the way for other acts to follow. Revolver will remain one the greatest albums I've ever heard.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWSTzZ2kqi4[/youtube]

Great comments, completely spot on. Personally I prefer Dylan to the Beatles but regardless of individual taste there is no question the beatles are the most important and influential band on popular music as we know it today.

Worst

Come Together (well overrated and annoying)
Piggies

Favourites

Across the Universe
Yesterday
Hey Jude
Let It Be
The Long and Winding Road
I Want To Hold Your Hand

Sun Jihai's ghost said:

Great comments, completely spot on. Personally I prefer Dylan to the Beatles but regardless of individual taste there is no question the beatles are the most important and influential band on popular music as we know it today.

absolutely and to hear people say they were/are overrated is daft

I only dislike some of Pauls silly songs like Maxwell, Rocky Racoon, Honey Pie and yeah all Ringo's songs were crappy IMO of course :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.