Worst case scenario for us regards other clubs signings from

Hart of the Matter

I am very happy with our signings and currently believe we could well win Premiership again if all things stay the same. But what if the other contenders sign their main targets?

Chelsea - add Rooney, not convinced they improve that much

United - add Fabregas - minus Rooney - could be a great upgrade but not sure about style they will play. Baines and Mop stop replacements rather than strengthening

Arsenal - add Suraz - would raise them a level. Makes for a genuine 4 way competition. Knocks any lingering hopes of Liverpool pushing on.

Spurs - no change, need a striker but paulinho is the real deal.

Thoughts?

I still think Chelsea need to improve defensively, If Cahill and Terry are the centre backs any team with pace should be able to get at them. Cech too isn;t the keeper he was

Still think the Chelsea dressing room is rotten to the core and Jose will only add to that with Rooney. One bad apple amongst many. Terry, Rooney and Lampard with Jose to back them up, spells trouble to me. Think the three amigos may have a different view. They have not reinforced that much and we were comfortable against them last season. I think we are a far better squad already this summer from an already good one.

Chelsea plus Rooney will be a huge threat.

If bale goes to Madrid I can see Ronaldo back at the swamp and if they sign fabregas as well then fuck me they will have a great shout.

Arsenal plus Suarez and Bernard could be a different animal.

I'm not sure how much stronger we really are.

I'd imagine Rooney to be extremely dangerous with the likes of Mata, Hazard and Oscar teeing him up. Deffo better than Ba and Torres. He would be pretty lethal as the main man in there diamond formation.

bondsman said:
Chelsea plus Rooney will be a huge threat.

If bale goes to Madrid I can see Ronaldo back at the swamp and if they sign fabregas as well then fuck me they will have a great shout.

Arsenal plus Suarez and Bernard could be a different animal.

I'm not sure how much stronger we really are.

All if's ....IF we sign Messi I fancy our chances .....

Trying to remain modest but I really think we have a good shot at the title regardless of the other teams signings.

It's easy to say Chelsea will walk it because on paper they have a decent squad and Mourinho, but I can't see that ending in anything other than tears.

Pellegrini is a perennial overachiever and I really think with our signings, and our brilliant existing squad, we are about to take a huge step forward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.