Worst case scenario for us regards other clubs signings from

I'm With Stupid said:
bondsman said:
Chelsea are stronger than us at present IMO they should have been last year but for the managerial madness. Mourinho will get the best out of the best squad in the league.

The others will be strengthened if they sign the players I mention. Who honestly knows how good out signings will be they have never played in the prem before and we still have shite like Garcia kolarov and Sinclair in our ranks plus I don't think dzeko or nasri would get in Chelsea or uniteds first 11 s. I hope our signings do the business but for most city fans they are unknowns
Dzeko and Nasri don't get in our first eleven, so why would you expect them to get into theirs? Although just for the record, Dzeko would start for Chelsea (8 goals for Torres in the league last season) and Nasri would start for the rags ahead of a Paul Scholes who's pushing 40. But the fact that you're comparing players that aren't starters for us to their starting eleven should tell you everything you need to know. If Mata and Hazard are injured, who plays for them in those positions? Certainly no-one of the class of Nasri or even Milner.

Oscar
Schurlle
Moses
Lampard
Piazon

... attacking mid probably isn't the place to criticise Chelsea's strength in depth. The only real weakness is at CB and up front for them. Right now I believe our squad and theirs are very very even. Rags slightly further back. Tottenham with Bale money could be a real threat (managerially they're the best team) and I think lloris and vertonghen would make a league's best team.

NQCitizen said:
Oscar
Schurlle
Moses
Lampard
Piazon

They have De Bruyne too who is an awesome talent and was great in the Bundesliga last season. I'm quite envious of what Chelsea have done... bought up loads of young talent in their late teens/early 20s, loaned many of them out, and now have riches galore to choose from. Bertrand Traore is serious talent too. We seem to buy the younger ones aged 15-17 and hope they turn out top class, Chelsea buy them but also the ones who are a little older and closer to ready (like Lukaku, Courtois, De Bruyne).

bondsman said:
Chelsea are stronger than us at present IMO they should have been last year but for the managerial madness. Mourinho will get the best out of the best squad in the league.

The others will be strengthened if they sign the players I mention. Who honestly knows how good out signings will be they have never played in the prem before and we still have shite like Garcia kolarov and Sinclair in our ranks plus I don't think dzeko or nasri would get in Chelsea or uniteds first 11 s. I hope our signings do the business but for most city fans they are unknowns

Do you really think it's only a matter of managerial issue that we've outplayed them in every single opposition...

CS, dont you remember us winning that without even using Silva(3-2; was 3-1 till that very late ball Pants slipped...)

The Premier home game we also won 2-0, totally outplayed them that day too...

And don't get me starting on the FA Cup semi-final... It could have been 4-0 by half time ; again without Silva.

It's of course useless to talk about the 2 wins in the USA tour. But what I am saying is they don't have as much quality in their squad, nor do they have as much experience in Winning big things as real determining actors... The starting 11 that won the league under Ancelotti was : Cole Terry Alex Bosingwa Ballak Lampard Malouda Anelka Drogba Kalou/Joe.Cole . They are all either gone or 4 years older.. Mata, Hazard are nice boys but they are too weak defensively, tactically and mentally to cope with the height some PL games would ask them.

Plus I think Dzeko (who isn't a regular starter for us by the way) would easily make it to their starting eleven. They're dying to get a fine striker... Nasri would also probably make it to either their quality-less midfield, He can keep possession and knows how to unlock situation versus defensive teams, he's done so for us against Chelsea many times. He's a composed lad and still can run, they're missing that kind of player.

And of course Nasri would be a regular starter for the rags (they still use Papy Giggs), that's why Ferguie wanted Nasri that desperately in 2011,.

We also outplayed the rags this season at their home, didn't we ?

Daz_Blue said:
malg said:
I fancy Chelsea now, but if they get Rooney they'll walk it.

We have beat Chelsea 4 times already this calender year ...... just because they now have big mouth makes the players they have better ..... ?
Just my opinion. I feel that under Mourinho they'll be a totally different proposition. I also feel that if Rooney moves he will become the player everyone thought he should become. He'll be revitalised and want to rub people's noses in it.

That's how I read it anyway.

If Chelsea manage to sign either one of Rooney or De Rossi, they'll probably win the league.

So there's a thread abt Rooney where 99% of bluemoon are saying he's a wanker and a has been of a footballer
Now this thread where everyone says the Chavs will or could win the league if they get him

Chelsea have 2 achilles heels

1) Centre-back
2) Striker

They are relying on Lukaku stepping up to solve the striker problem, but I don't think he can. Last season he was only any good when coming on in the last half hour where his power was best utilised against tired opponents. However at his age players can make big improvements

Terry, Cole, Ivanovic are creaking. They need Cahill and Luiz to stay fit

But in Hazard they have a World Class player. They have the best attacking midfielders in the Premiership. If Lukaku does click they will be unstoppable - but as said I don't think he will. Don't understand why they don't buy a striker.

malg said:
Just my opinion. I feel that under Mourinho they'll be a totally different proposition. I also feel that if Rooney moves he will become the player everyone thought he should become. He'll be revitalised and want to rub people's noses in it.

That's how I read it anyway.

I don't think Mourinho has a magic power that would transform Mata and Hazard suddenly to hardworking guys like Milner or transform Ramirez and Mikel to some classy Pirlo/Schweinshteiger... Unless they buy some quality holding midfielders (maybe De Rossi) and one really good striker (Rooney or Suarez) they'll be nowhere near the quality we have right now.

I know Hazard and Mata are magicians but that isn't enough in football. If they don't do the tracking back while they keep losing possessions easily someone will have to do that job for them and there are no Gattuso's or Makélelé in that squad right now.

IMO Mourinho will have to make Mata and Hazard do the kind of defensive work that Duff, Robben (Eto'o and Pandev at Inter) used to do when they played for him. Both Mata and Hazard aren't good enough defensively, it's gonna take them some time and I even expect Mourinho to be using Moses during the big games out of prudence (caution) ; this choice would make them lose the best thing they have (the association of Mata & Hazard).

It appears our fear of Chelsea with Rooney is greater than our fear of united with Fabregas? Very strange. Is it mainly due to changes in managers?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.